ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Uploading Pictures Problems

I'm having trouble uploading pictures. I go to browse, find the image and then when I click the upload button I get "The page cannot be displayed". Is it just me????

Re: Uploading Pictures Problems

I just ran a test James. I had no problem. Page cannot be displayed isn't the error page for a wrong size photo. So I am not sure why you are having a problem. Try a different photo and see if it uploads.
    Lara

I had that problem early on. You might want to make sure that your picture isn't larger than 640x640.

I can't remember what the megabyte limit is though. Maybe someone else can advise?

EBAR

I tried uploading a photo that was too large and did get that error page. Sorry about that.

There are other members that know better how to size photos for this forum. I will let them explain how to get the most out of what you are trying to upload. I will say that a lot use 72 resolution and I think 640x480 is a good size. Others may disagree. Rest assured someone will post a solution for you.
    Lara

Thanks for the help EBAR and Lara.... I did a little trail and error and thanks to Lara I set them at 70 and the picture was already under 640x480 so I guess it was just the resolution factor. Thanks again for the help....

Glad you got your photo posted.
    Lara

Thanks again Lara.... With my very first post I found out about the 640x480 size factor but I never knew about the resolution factor, thanks for helping out...

James it is also the size factor as well make sure they are no bigger than 195k in file size as well as the actual size of them. Resolution has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the info Peter, so that's another thing that I have to remember when I go to post a picture. I'm going to write this down so I don't have to ask again... Thanks for the help Peter..

Thread Information