ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Re: The Spring 24 Hours Pictures

Wife calls and wants me to add these two guys to my buddy list. Ugh!. So now I can share with you one of my man Laundry Storys: After ironing and starching my shirts I ask my wife why she had bought lemon-scented starch. Her look told me that I might of goofed. Turned out I had grabbed the Lemon Pledge by mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4409.jpg  

The dog may be man's best friend, but man is dog's slave. This is Lucky wanting out for the hundredth time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4410.jpg  

Re: Afternoon

Taking a much needed break. Kids playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live, a common Saturday pastime on rainy days at our house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4417.jpg  
    Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 04-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.

I have become the unofficial Witness and Recorder for my Wife and Families own Biggest Loser Competition. I am a non-participant. There is money involved and bragging rights to be established , so I must make sure that everything is ready for the weekend weigh-in. I try to have as many candies, cookies and confectionaries I can find laying around. Is it wrong to torture people like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4402.jpg  
    Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 04-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.

the life of a tortoise is hard, but fullfilling.

Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

My wife returns from work and brings in the trash cans left out from Thursdays Pickup. It is raining and snowing. "This is not Good". The children wisely head upstairs while I have no place to hide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4415.jpg  

My wife informs me that rubber gloves is as close to a HAZMAT suit that I am going to get and that I am not weaseling out of cleaning the upstairs bathroom again. She also notes that while I can't mow the lawn I could get the lawnmower ready so when it does get nice. This is a picture of our riding lawnmower. I'm thinking that both the bathroom and mower our questionable for today. To my surprise she agrees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4396.jpg  

While my wife goes out grocery shopping Tony and I watch X Men 3 downstairs in the basement. We've got the DVD player hooked up to a projector and the sound on his 1000 AMP PA system. It's the only way to watch Guy Flicks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4425.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4422.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4426.jpg  

Re: Evening

Well this is it my final post for the day. Watched "In Pursuit of Happiness" with my wife. I liked the movie and think it might be Will Smiths best yet. Now its time for bed, with dreams of bathrooms and lawnmowers awaiting me. Good Night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_4428.jpg  

My three shots were probably the worst I've ever posted here... To redeem myself a little bit, this is what we were doing. There were eight of us in a Chicago-area forest preserve, and we paddled on the lake and up a fairly fast moving creek (good exercise!). Here we are looking at signs of beavers, muskrats and lots of other animals calling this place home. We've even seen a mink there a couple of times on past trips.

I think I might have one or two. We spent the day on a airport shuttle, then in the airport, then on planes.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your pictures taken after lunch through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this post.
    Well the Kiwannas were having an auction to raise funds for building a center at the state park. So we decided to head over there in the afternoon after a morning of lounging.

1- One of my dogs before we left ( she thinks she is royalty - more of a royal pain in the butt)

2- On the way to the auction seen this bird (no idea what it is but probably the first I had turn out 1/2 way decent)

3- What auction is complete without the sausage race ( anyone that has been to the milwaukee brewers game or follows them knows what the sausage race is)

4- Action shot of the race

I was hoping to get more but was just a nice relaxing day at home most of it...

For those that are wondering ---- The Bratwurst won the race :thumbsup:

Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Morning - sunrise through lunch

On the first shopping trip of the day.
    Out to buy a USB-SATA interface, and some compost.

There are over a dozen of these guys in an outdoor pond at the garden centre.
    Too big for the herons now, but when younger they're expensed as "consumables".
    This one was about 18 inches, the really big ones weren't coming close enough
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-p1020641.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Post your pictures taken after lunch through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this post.
    Sorry so late but I've been busy all weekend. This morning I planted grass in the backyard. Let's just say 18 bags fertilizer can get really nasty if you leave it in the car too long.

Anyhow, I was with a camera all day yesterday but this was the only highlight of the day. If you haven't been to a Korean buffet, I highly recommend it!!! I grew up near Korea Town, Los Angeles, but I never visited a single restaurant until yesterday.

The food is great the all you can eat meat (beef, chickedn, pork) is outstanding! They keep bringing the raw meat to your table until you say no. Every table has a grill and you just grill to your hearts content! It's was very good. You truly get you money's worth.

Btw, I enojoyed everyone's photos...you really got into the spirit of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-koreanbuffet_0001-copy.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-koreanbuffet_0002-copy.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-koreanbuffet_0006-copy.jpg  
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Ah, I nearly forgot to post these

Here are some from Saturday - didn't take many as I was sailing so big part of the day missed.

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0227.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0234.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0235.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0237_1.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0242.jpg  

"I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

And the last lot for the day.

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0249.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0255.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0259.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0263.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0264.jpg  

"I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital

BMOORE

Here are some that I took Saturday the 14th. Even on a bad day Yosemite is one of the
    most beautiful places on earth. It rained all day, but sometimes not as hard as others.
    Number one and two are the same place about an hour apart, (with a wider angle) and
    slightly different position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_5621_edited-2.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_5647_edited-2.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_5636_edited-4.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_5641_edited-2.jpg   The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-img_5661_edited-2.jpg  

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

All nice shots but really love that first one, BMOORE!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

BMOORE

Thank You Frog.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Post your pictures taken after sunrise through and including lunch here by hitting reply to this post.
    The view when I got up that morning

My Dad & me took a trip up the American Fork Canyon outside of Lehi, UT for some early morning photos

After our trip we went back to my sisters house and did a quick unplanned portrait session (A couple proofs from it)

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Post your pictures taken after sunrise through and including lunch here by hitting reply to this post.
    After the portraits we went back to my parents house (next door) and got ready for a picnic lunch out by Bridal Veil Falls

Parents & Wife

Found some good looking bugs on the way
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

After lunch we all went on a walk
    Self shot of the Wife & I

The wife

Last photo of the day was of a farmer burning his field we saw on the way home
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

I spent my day floating around to various sports teams that where playing home games. Started off with lacrosse, moved on to baseball, then headed over to mens tennis, then over to softball for the second game in their double header, then back to baseball for their second game. It was a beautiful day and I had lots of fun, even though it was my first time shooting any real sports like this, it was challenging and I need lots more practice, but got a few shots from each event that I was happy with. Sorry I didn't get these up sooner but between sorting through all of my shots and balancing post work with school work I didn't finish them all up till now.

Lacrosse:

Baseball:

Tennis:

Softball:

The Sky during the day:

Phil, you're going to fit right in with us at the Sports forum.

An early morning photo from the marina.

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Spring 24 Hours Pictures-_mg_0210_1.jpg  

DSLR
    Digital

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information