ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Sebastian Szyszka, photojournalist...?

It would appear that way. I got a freelancing position at a local paper, and I will go out on assignment starting next week.

I am excited about this, it should be a wonderful learning experience. I will keep you guys posted about it all as it progresses.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Great!!!

If you write like you did (do) in that post where I made the "passion" comment, you CAN'T go wrong. In fact, after that I was actually admiring your writing skills.

Good Luck!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    If you write like you did (do) in that post where I made the "passion" comment, you CAN'T go wrong. In fact, after that I was actually admiring your writing skills.

Good Luck!

Mike
    Mike,

I hate the way I write, thanks for the compliment.

Luckily, ther won't be much writing to do, I should usually have a reporter with me, unless it's a sports game or something where some cutlines are all that's needed.
    -Seb

My website

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    It would appear that way. I got a freelancing position at a local paper, and I will go out on assignment starting next week.

I am excited about this, it should be a wonderful learning experience. I will keep you guys posted about it all as it progresses.
    I'm looking forward to seeing some of the images as they appear in print. Congrats on the job, and don't get shipped out to the war zones!!

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

WooHoo

That's great! Can the windy city really handle that ? and are they prepared to create a section in the paper just for your work? hmmmm

that's so exciting...yeah for you.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

That's great! Sounds like a fun job and great learning experience. I've noticed that every once in awhile there's a new photographer at the daily here that's got a very good eye - seems like they don't stick around too long though. Maybe interns or something.

I've been thinking about it too but still waiting for the portfolios I ordered from Light Impressions. You'd think for their prices that you wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks if it's in stock!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! That sounds like a great experience. We'll be able to say we knew you before you became famous. ;)

Spike

Liz

Cool Congratulations!

Now that's a reason to be excited! Wow!

Have you done anything similar to this before - or your first time? Either way, it's a great opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing your publications/photos.

Liz

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Congrats, about Light Imp...

Way to go Seb...

Steve, I know your frustrations. I love LI, but they can be painfully slow with the shipping, yes even with instock stuff.

Calumet gets me things PRONTO. Still, there's a tons of stuff that I can only get at LI...

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    That's great! Sounds like a fun job and great learning experience. I've noticed that every once in awhile there's a new photographer at the daily here that's got a very good eye - seems like they don't stick around too long though. Maybe interns or something.

I've been thinking about it too but still waiting for the portfolios I ordered from Light Impressions. You'd think for their prices that you wouldn't have to wait 3 weeks if it's in stock!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Congrats. Just curious...What is the right pronounciation of your last name: "SIS-ka," "ZIS-ka," "ZIE-ska," or something else?

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    shish ka....
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations Seb, hope everything works out well for you. I saw this when you posted, but didn't think I should be first to post.

Congratulations Buddy!

All that hard work is paying off!

Can't wait to see some of those images.

Congratulations my friend!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Way to go Seb

Congrats. Which paper? Keep that avatar handy in case they need a portrait for your byline.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

He pronounces it...

...FINK-el-burg-er.

Just one of those weird names, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp
    Congrats. Just curious...What is the right pronounciation of your last name: "SIS-ka," "ZIS-ka," "ZIE-ska," or something else?
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    ...FINK-el-burg-er.

Just one of those weird names, I guess...
    Thanks everyone.

It's this sort of support that keeps me coming back.

BTW, it's SHISH-KA, Paul got it right. Steve, tell him what he's won...
    -Seb

My website

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    i need nothing that steve has... thanks anyway! ok, a 10D or studio lights maybe or better yet i know he has crested caracaras nesting within 20 miles of him, a picture will do. steve find the male and track it back to the nest(before the young fledge in a few weeks)

BTW..... tell everyone who's idea the avatar was
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    i need nothing that steve has... thanks anyway! ok, a 10D or studio lights maybe or better yet i know he has crested caracaras nesting within 20 miles of him, a picture will do. steve find the male and track it back to the nest(before the young fledge in a few weeks)

BTW..... tell everyone who's idea the avatar was
    Sigh...the avatar was Paul's idea...
    -Seb

My website

Thread Information