• 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Something biblical is about to happen...
    At least that is what this sunset in Acton reminded me of, i.e. the pillar of fire that followed behind the Israelites.
  • 08-05-2005, 09:33 AM
    Speed
    Re: Something biblical is about to happen...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    At least that is what this sunset in Acton reminded me of, i.e. the pillar of fire that followed behind the Israelites.

Cool shot Ray!

But I believe they were LED by a cloud in the day, and the pillar of fire at nigh.

Technicality, I know.

;-)
  • 08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
    schrackman
    Yes, that is true. But it rested behind the Israelites and before the Egyptians at the crossing of the sea, which is what I was thinking of.
  • 08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
    Speed
    Quote:

Yes, that is true. But it rested behind the Israelites and before the Egyptians at the crossing of the sea, which is what I was thinking of.

So very true. It held the Egyptians back while they crossed. Then it let them through to be drowned.

I had a link that showed where the Egyptian army bought it. Some researchers had found the remains of their chariots. If I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Again, great photo!
  • 08-05-2005, 12:01 PM
    opus
    This is absolutely AWESOME, Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen such a cloud formation in nature, and the fact that you captured it on camera, during SUNSET, in such a PERFECT WAY makes this one of the best pictures I've ever seen in my life!!

BRAVO!
  • 08-05-2005, 12:03 PM
    schrackman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    So very true. It held the Egyptians back while they crossed. Then it let them through to be drowned.

I had a link that showed where the Egyptian army bought it. Some researchers had found the remains of their chariots. If I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Again, great photo!

Yes, yes, yes, I would love to see the link!!

Glad you like the shot, too!
  • 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM
    schrackman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    This is absolutely AWESOME, Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen such a cloud formation in nature, and the fact that you captured it on camera, during SUNSET, in such a PERFECT WAY makes this one of the best pictures I've ever seen in my life!!

BRAVO!

Thank you, Kelly! Kudos to the Creator for such an awesome display. :-)
  • 08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
    opus
    Do you sell prints? I think I would like a high-quality print of this to frame. At least 11x14-ish. If you do, please direct me to a website to make the transaction ...
  • 08-07-2005, 11:45 AM
    Seb
    Quote:

This is by all means a great picture Ray, I doubt that it could get any better.

Thanks for sharing

Seb
  • 08-07-2005, 01:13 PM
    megan
    Awesome
    That's pretty darn fantastic.
    Megan