Some wonderful news...

Printable View

• 12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
    Alison
    Some wonderful news...
    ...I just wanted to share with my PR family.

I got some wonderful news today. Well, it might not sound so wonderful to anyone here, but it meant so much to me.

I donated a 2010 calendar, containing 12 of my photographs, to the school fayre a week or so ago.
    They placed it on a table along with some other raffle prizes.
    We never went to the school fayre so I never found out who won it.

Well, today my hubby and I went for our Parent/Teacher meeting with our baby girl's teacher.
    It all went very well and then the teacher said, "Guess what I won in the raffle?"
    "My calendar!" I exclaimed.
    "Yes," she went on, "I had a choice of a bottle of wine or the calendar and I thought to myself, I'm having that calendar!"
    Her body language, when she told me, spoke volumes. She mimmicked what she did on the day, grabbing the calendar and holding it to her chest in a possessive manner.

I am so excited to know my calendar went to someone who is very fond of my photography. (Our baby girl's teacher is always looking at my website).

I am sooooo happy!
  • 12-09-2009, 03:31 PM
    jetrim
    Re: Some wonderful news...
    Very cool thing! Proud of you for donating, and very pleased to hear it went to a home where it'll be so appreciated :)
  • 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
    OldClicker
    That's great. Must have been wonderful. - TF
  • 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
    Grandpaw
    It's aways nice to hear that someone appreciates your work, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 12-09-2009, 09:16 PM
    Shebang
    I'm sure she was delighted -- I would be delighted as well -- your work is gorgeous! Congrats!!
  • 12-09-2009, 10:21 PM
    Frog
    I'd take a calender with your pics over a bottle of wine, too.
    Nice donation from you and lucky teacher.
  • 12-10-2009, 07:08 AM
    Old Timer
    It is very gratifying to know that those around you admire and appreciate your work and talent. I'm so glad that your donation of love and talent went to someone who truly appreciated it and you. Congrats.
  • 12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
    BlueRob
    Awesome congrats. Is always pleasing when you can share your vision to others and share the mood and story with in a simple image. :thumbsup:
  • 12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
    Alison
    Thanks guys. Yeah it made me feel really good.

So, I emailed vista just to give them some feedback.

They emailed me back saying, how wonderful it was that I donated the calendar and that they were going to send me another one free of charge and that I should receive it within 3 working days!

I received it today :D