• 08-11-2004, 05:06 AM
    Speed
    4 Attachment(s)
    Some Shots Of My Favorite Subject
    These were taken with the Coolpix 5700. Backlit, so I shot them with some exposure compensation. First shot is metered value, second is +1.0 exposure comp, third is +2.0 exposure comp. Last shot is a metered value shot of the wife engaged in her favorite past time.
  • 08-11-2004, 08:51 AM
    Speed
    "putting that 5700 through its paces"
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Speed:

Looks like you're putting that 5700 through its paces very nicely. I like the 4th one of the women in the boat -- Dawn's favorite pastime is mine as well. My stomach doesn't do well with "every" kind of boat but, when I can ride around in one, and relax in one, I love it!!!

Good to see you're enjoying your Summer and not getting rained out like some of the others here have spoken of. Thank you for sharing these good pictures with us. Keep 'em coming.

Best to You,
    Penny

I'm trying! And with such a good looking subject, how can I go wrong?

These were experimenting with exposure compensation, looking to see how much is enough. As you know, the Coolpix has one-third stops in exposure comp, but I couldn't see the point in getting totally carried away. It was a great learning experience though.

Dawn LOVES to sit in the sun. In a lawn chair, on her float in the pool, in a boat, it's all the same to her. Well, actually, she does prefer to go to Shaclkeford Banks or Cape Lookout, if she can, but you get the idea.

Now if I can just get a larger memory card for the Coolpix, I can start taking photo's with enough detail to make decent prints. In the meantime, it's a nice camera to record some of lifes small pleasures.

Thank you for the comments Penny!