Some pictures from Europe

Printable View

• 01-11-2008, 05:47 PM
    agtaylor
    5 Attachment(s)
    Some pictures from Europe
    Havent posted anything in a while since I went to visit my brother who was studying abroad in Stockholm over xmas break. Then my computer died when I got on to back up all my stuff. Anyways from Sweden we went down to Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, and London. It was alot of fun although I cursed the point and shot alot. Heres a couple shots and more in the link. Tried to pick out the best ones.

http://picasaweb.google.com/agastont...0ajbWles&pli=1
  • 01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
    Frog
    Re: Some pictures from Europe
    Some nice shots on your link. I'm a sucker for old broken down, gloomy stuff.
    Now help an old man and tell me what that is in your first shot here. I like all the curves and lines but can't figure out what it is.
  • 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
    opus
    I'm guessing Germany; they've got all that great modern architecture there. Looks like perhaps a great lobby somewhere, possibly a hotel but probably not.

Actually, it looks like the *real* deck of the starship enterprise. The one they never showed us.
  • 01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
    opus
    Oh, WAIT! It's not that great domed building in London, is it? The mayor's office, or something? Is that the London Eye in the background?? (I didn't think you could see the domed building from the Eye, but then again I've never looked downriver that far before. Come to think of it, I think the dome is across from the Tower Bridge, which isn't *that far* from the Eye.) But I didn't think the Eye had that much *stuff* in the center. Or was lit that yellow. And I thought the Eye was on the same side of the river as City Hall, so you couldn't really see it from that perspective.

Gosh darnit, now I'm driven to look it up.
  • 01-11-2008, 09:51 PM
    agtaylor
    4 Attachment(s)
    Thanks frog. Opus you were right on with the German modern architecture guess. Good eye with the eye guess, saw it too but this was just a ferris wheel for new years. Its the inside of the reichstag building in berlin. Pretty cool place with alot of history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_(building) Big dome that lights up at night with a walkway up it and a mirrored laser looking thing that lets you see down into parliament. Security was somewhat tight, had a human funnel that I took a picture of. They would let a group in the first door, close it, be stuck in the funnel for a while and then open the other side of the funnel which was just wide enough for a person.
  • 01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
    krashysmashy
    I LOVE the 4th pic.!! Is that a church? I'm not sure if that's a cross at the top.. I love taking pic's of old churches and that bldng is amazing!.. I love the angle of the pic., especially the old street lamp and the lit sign on the side.. Kind of gives it an "Old England" feel.. Beautiful picture!
  • 01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
    agtaylor
    Thanks, one of my favorites from the trip and it is actually an older english church.
  • 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
    berrywise
    Thanks for taking the time to share your photos. Brings back memories of my two month backpacking trip just after college. Ahh I sure would love to find a month to do something like that again.