Some Nevada

Printable View

• 05-08-2008, 05:37 AM
    Anthonys
    Some Nevada
  • 05-08-2008, 05:50 AM
    Liz
    Re: Some Nevada
    I'm enjoying your photos immensely. You really have a photographer's eye! I'm not one for roads or telephone lines in a shot, but you created a beautiful image here! Even the telephone poles and wires fit perfectly - and look good. (never thought I'd say that about a telephone pole/wires).

I love your model! What's his/her name?

Thanks for sharing these here - great photography!

BTW - what equipment are you using? Which WA lens?

Liz
  • 05-08-2008, 06:07 AM
    Frog
    Nice photos! Is that a captured ufo in the last one?
  • 05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
    Lori11
    I'm with Liz, Im loving these, especially since I have never been there. When a photo makes me feel "there" I love it. Nice doggie too lol
  • 05-08-2008, 01:29 PM
    Photo-John
    These are great! Were they taken on Hwy 50? I love Northern Nevada! It is little understood and little appreciated. And we should keep it that way :-)
  • 05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
    Dave Smith
    Great shots
    I especially like the second one ... looks really desolate out there
    Thanks for sharing
  • 05-09-2008, 05:59 AM
    Anthonys
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    I'm enjoying your photos immensely. You really have a photographer's eye! I'm not one for roads or telephone lines in a shot, but you created a beautiful image here! Even the telephone poles and wires fit perfectly - and look good. (never thought I'd say that about a telephone pole/wires).

I love your model! What's his/her name?

Thanks for sharing these here - great photography!

BTW - what equipment are you using? Which WA lens?

Liz

Thank you. I'm going to take another pass at PP on that image, straighten it out a bit and see how it prints up.

Grendel is my model/assistant/sounding board/travel buddy.

I'm shooting Canon, a 1Ds, a d60 and my sidearm is a battered but much loved powershot a95. (In mere hours I should be getting my new g9!) As to glass, I have a 17-40/4L and a 16-35/2.8 L.
  • 05-10-2008, 10:13 PM
    Toot
    I love that second shot...roads like that make it easy to get through the valleys pretty quick. Everything has started to bloom now and it has gotten very colorful out there. Now if I can pay for the gas to get outside of the city to see it, I'll be doing good. Very nice pictures. It shows pretty much how it is. Timing of the shots make a world of difference and your timing was great.