ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Liz, four more nature images

Liz, four more you may like that were all taken with the Tamron 150-600mm, Jeff

Name:  _DSC0378.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  240.1 KB
    Name:  _DSC0421.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  230.5 KB
    Name:  _DSC9123.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  241.9 KB
    Name:  _DSC7096.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  248.1 KB
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Re: Liz, four more nature images

Wow! Like I've said in the past, your "subjects" give the impression that they pose for you when they see you with your camera! You must pay them well!

I think I've asked you this before - but refresh my memory! Do you ever enter your photos in contests? I know you are active on the NG website, but your images look like you're on their payroll.

Amazing work!

BTW, that little guy/gal in the 2nd photo looks like he/she is very young, or very old when you look at the head....the hair (??) is quite thin. Looks good on the bird though!

Love the squirrel sneaking around the tree. Great capture!

Looking at the 1st image, it's amazing how sharp it is - beautiful how the feathers fan out - and how you can see each fine part of the feather. (sorry for the poor description - not sure of the proper name for each part). Beautiful image.

And the last one! I guess he/she spent some time grooming. I'm wondering what he/she uses to "spike" the (hair?) on top of his/her head.

I'm always amazed how God has made these animals to give us pleasure and so much enjoyment just looking at them.

Thanks again.

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Wow! Like I've said in the past, your "subjects" give the impression that they pose for you when they see you with your camera! You must pay them well!

I think I've asked you this before - but refresh my memory! Do you ever enter your photos in contests? I know you are active on the NG website, but your images look like you're on their payroll.

Amazing work!

BTW, that little guy/gal in the 2nd photo looks like he/she is very young, or very old when you look at the head....the hair (??) is quite thin. Looks good on the bird though!

Love the squirrel sneaking around the tree. Great capture!

Looking at the 1st image, it's amazing how sharp it is - beautiful how the feathers fan out - and how you can see each fine part of the feather. (sorry for the poor description - not sure of the proper name for each part). Beautiful image.

And the last one! I guess he/she spent some time grooming. I'm wondering what he/she uses to "spike" the (hair?) on top of his/her head.

I'm always amazed how God has made these animals to give us pleasure and so much enjoyment just looking at them.

Thanks again.

Liz
    As far as entering contests I don't enter them. I'm not much on contests because I just about never understand why the winners won. The second picture is of a young green heron that I have been keeping track of since it was born.

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome images Jeff, you seem to know how to get that Tamron to do its thing for you.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Quote Originally Posted by hminx View Post
    Awesome images Jeff, you seem to know how to get that Tamron to do its thing for you.
    Thanks Pete, I really enjoy this lens. A lot of people think that a long lens is just for longer shots but I use it a lot on subjects at closer distances also. When you use a longer lens at shorter distances it really helps you separate the subject from the background and that is the style I go for.

Thread Information