• 11-29-2006, 08:54 AM
    Alison
    Some fun with an extension tube
    And my 50mm of course :)
  • 11-29-2006, 10:15 AM
    conbu19
    Re: Some fun with an extension tube
    Hi Alison, fun shot, I just received my nifty-fifty today and as soon as my sister-in-law returns my battery charger will plunk it on the old Rebel and have some fun.
    Can you elaborate on your extension tubes,which ones you have,cost ease of use etc. I think a lot of folks would appreciate hearing more about the gear and basic techniques.
    Thanks for the photo.
    Steve B.
  • 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
    Alison
    You won't regret buying that 50mm let me tell ya!!!

I only bought some cheap extension tubes from Ebay. They cost me £13 with postage, and they were brand new!
    I think they are 9mm, 16mm and 30mm. Not sure which is which to be honest because the mm aren't written on them. All I have to go by is #1, #2 and #3.

I was actually shocked that they didn't have any glass in them. And auto focus and auto modes do not work with them.

I didn't actually know what to expect form an extension tube which is why I bought the cheapies. Thought I'd give them a go first. If you have the money go for a more expensive set. I know I would like a set now.

Not sure which is the best but I believe Kenko's are very good.
  • 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
    conbu19
    Thanks Alison, years ago I owned a Minoltax700 film SLR with a 45MM lens(came with camera)and for a long time it was the only lens I owned. Of course on my RebelXT this becomes effectively an 80mm but I like the idea of getting in close and the short depth of field. I'll post a pic or two when I can recharge the old horse.
    Good luck and thanks for your input.
    Steve B.