• 04-23-2006, 03:35 PM
    another view
    1 Attachment(s)
    So what did you do during the outage?
    The forums here were shut down between last night until just recently for maintenance. Since you couldn't get your PR.com fix, what did you do with your time? Patiently wait? Pace the floor?

We brushed the dog. Yeah, really! OK, it's a wide lens for emphasis, but it's real. She can't deal with a flash (ahh, divas!) so after several tries I sorta got a shot...
  • 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
    walterick
    Re: So what did you do during the outage?
    You're kidding about that being her fur... right?

The tremors have stopped long enough to type now...

I watched The Muppets Take Manhattan, and then the "Top 10 Natural Wonders" on the Travel Channel.
  • 04-23-2006, 03:53 PM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    You're kidding about that being her fur... right?

Nope. Shedding season... Well, some was brushed from the carpet which could have belonged to the Samoyed, but that was only about a hampster sized clump anyway.

Tremors?
  • 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
    ken1953
    Annual maintenance on the lawn tractor, seeded the bare spots in the yard, filled in several shallow spots in the yard from clods we dug up preparing our flower garden for seeding, shot a bunch of macros of the neighbors flowers...hopefully a few came out good enough to post as it was kind of windy and I was really having a hard time focusing and light was changing frequently from bright sun to deep shadow...sheesh...the life of a photog!!! haha
    Ken
  • 04-23-2006, 06:26 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view

Tremors?

Common withdrawal symptom :)
  • 04-23-2006, 06:56 PM
    JSPhoto
    I built a race engine and fixed a website..... not bad for one day :)

JS
  • 04-23-2006, 07:22 PM
    zrfraser
    ate some leftovers, played drums for my church band, ate some more, screwed around with settings on my camera. Slow day what can I say?
  • 04-23-2006, 07:54 PM
    mjs1973
    Wow, this is the first time today I even tried to log on. I had no idea the site was down. :) I was outside almost all day. I started out by setting up my camera by a bluebird house I built and waited for some photo opps from about 40 feet away. I got a couple, but not what I was after. Then I went home and got the dogs and took them for a walk. Back home to clean out the box of my truck. Amy and I went out for brunch around mid morning, then home to the backyard to play with the dogs some more, and just relax and watch the birds at the feeders. Next I loaded up my truck and went mowing lawns. I do some light comercial work. The route takes me about 125 miles round trip. There is a walnut tree next to one of the lawns I mow, so Amy and I picked up a ton of walnuts so I have something to put in my squirlle feeder. My last lawn is down by the Wisconsin River, so on my way back thru Mineral Point, I picked up the dogs and took them with me. After all the work was done, it was down to the river so the dogs could play some more. It was getting dark by the time we left and we finally made it back home a little after 9:00. Amy, myself and the dogs are all exhausted, and I'm a little sunburnt but it was well worth it.
  • 04-24-2006, 06:21 AM
    Old Timer
    I spent most of my time yesterday after church preparing and uploading baseball pictures to printroom.com while watching the Reds beatup on the Brewers 11-0. My poor wife was out working in the yard and her flower beds. I keep telling myself I should go out and help, but then I did have my priorities.
  • 04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
    Sebastian
    The site was down?

BTW, that should be shearing the dog. You go beyond "brushing" when you have enough wool to make a sweater.
  • 04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
    adina
    I worked on my bathroom. Or more accurately, in my bathroom. Another new hair cut
  • 04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
    adina
    Quote:

The forums here were shut down between last night until just recently for maintenance. Since you couldn't get your PR.com fix, what did you do with your time? Patiently wait? Pace the floor?

We brushed the dog. Yeah, really! OK, it's a wide lens for emphasis, but it's real. She can't deal with a flash (ahh, divas!) so after several tries I sorta got a shot...

Did you save that to make blankets? Or possibly use it for insulation when you build a new house? That's A LOT of hair!
  • 04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
    readingr
    Did I miss something? Yesterday - darn thats a long time ago.

It rained and it rained and it rained - so tidied the garage, sorted out the fenders for the dock ready to take and fit them, updated my web site, watched a film with the family (Mr ans Mrs Smith - Hmmm!), repaired my little outboard engine leak, put things up the loft, took things down the tip.

Played with creating panorama's from photos of Portsmouth.

Roger
  • 04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Did you save that to make blankets? Or possibly use it for insulation when you build a new house? That's A LOT of hair!

We would need to build another house if we kept it all. :) She was exceptionally patient yesterday (you know, divas...) and this time of year there's a little more than the usual amount!
  • 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
    Chunk
    2 Attachment(s)
    First Leaves at First Light
    That's an amazing amount of hair from one brushing. Do you always take your frustations out on the dog?? :D

I got out my paints. Last Saturday while sitting in the dark, listening for crane calls, I enjoyed watching spring's first leaves appear as the darkness lifted. Here's the painting and the photo.
  • 04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
    PhotoGirl
    WOW!!! Chunk what amazing paintings! You are really talented.:)

Me?What did I do? Well, I listened to music, hung out with my neice and nephew... (and logged on every so often to check to see if the forum was normal again! :D ).
  • 04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I spent most of my time yesterday after church preparing and uploading baseball pictures to printroom.com while watching the Reds beatup on the Brewers 11-0. My poor wife was out working in the yard and her flower beds. I keep telling myself I should go out and help, but then I did have my priorities.

Your job in that garden comes after those flowers bloom!
  • 04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
    ken1953
    Wow chunk...every time I turn around...you amaze me with your talents. I really look forward to our next meeting...
    Ken
  • 04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
    mtbbrian
    Speaking of houses......
    Quote:

We would need to build another house if we kept it all. :) She was exceptionally patient yesterday (you know, divas...) and this time of year there's a little more than the usual amount!

You can come and build a house for me!
    While the site was down, my wife and I packed boxes!
    We have sold our current house and are looking for a new place to live.
    Brian
  • 04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
    Old Timer
    Re: First Leaves at First Light
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    That's an amazing amount of hair from one brushing. Do you always take your frustations out on the dog?? :D

I got out my paints. Last Saturday while sitting in the dark, listening for crane calls, I enjoyed watching spring's first leaves appear as the darkness lifted. Here's the painting and the photo.

Another side of you I wasn't aware of. Beautiful, I am very envious of your talent, or should I say your many talents.
  • 04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
    walterick
    That's awesome Chunk!
  • 04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
    another view
    Amazing, Chunk - you're quite a talented guy!
  • 04-24-2006, 02:27 PM
    cyberlord
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk

Very nice use of the oil paint filter and hue adjustment. :)

J/K, I have always had the desire to draw but was never any good at it. I love pastels on black, my favorite medium to look at, followed closely by good pencil sketches.

Tim
  • 04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberlord
    Very nice use of the oil paint filter and hue adjustment. :)

J/K, I have always had the desire to draw but was never any good at it. I love pastels on black, my favorite medium to look at, followed closely by good pencil sketches.

Tim

Damn, you figured it out. :D Wish I had a Van Gogh or Monet filter.

Thanks to everyone who complimented me on the painting, it means a lot to me. (I didn't intend to hijack your thread Steve). Since I'd probably be scared to put one up on any Painting Critique board (if one exists) any honest critique of the painting would be appreciated. I learned to paint a few years ago but somehow quit after a couple years - more photography y'know - but have been getting the urge again. This is the second in the last couple weeks.

Painting helped my photography a lot I think because I learned color better. Of course the oposite is true too, being able to take various compositions for comparison prior to deciding on a composition for painting.

Tim, I was like you a few years ago, having had the urge to draw all my life. Pick up a copy of Betty Edwards book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and work through it a chapter at a time. In little steps she'll teach you to draw along with some teaching on right side/left side theories. Being a photographer you already probably 'see' better than most and that's a primary skill. Don't put it off because you think you don't have some innate talent to draw - it doesn't work like that.
    Let me know when you start.