• 06-15-2007, 08:08 PM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    So much more fun when the wife says "YES"
    Well today I got new toys .... see pics ... She is just so great - We were in the store looking at them and a concern of mine with going with the ball head was the loss of the ability to do pano's .... so she said "get this and then we can get ANOTHER head later for doing pano's and whatever else" :D :D :D

CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT ???????????

Manfrotto 3265 joystick head - Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto carrying strap

http://www.quast-family.com/albums/stuff/DSC_5005.jpg

http://www.quast-family.com/albums/stuff/DSC_5006.jpg

http://www.quast-family.com/albums/stuff/DSC_5007.jpg
  • 06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
    Frog
    Re: So much more fun when the wife says "YES"
    Nice! +++++
  • 06-16-2007, 12:14 AM
    schrackman
    I think there's quite a few of us here who can count our blessings for such great wives!!!

Oh, and niiiice tripod. Anytime you feel the urge to let me borrow it....:D
  • 06-16-2007, 01:22 AM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    Yes I agree that alot of people can appreciate the wonderful better half that allows us to spend the money on what sometimes gets called "toys"

Ray - I will try my best to suppress the urges - but if they become too strong you will be the first to know :p
  • 06-16-2007, 01:45 AM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Does she have a sister!!!
  • 06-16-2007, 04:45 AM
    swmdrayfan
    Ahhhhh, gotta love the wives when they come thru.:cool:
  • 06-18-2007, 06:16 AM
    Speed
    CAN LIFE GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT ???????????

Not by much!!!

Congratulations on your new acqusitions!
  • 06-18-2007, 07:28 AM
    Old Timer
    Love getting new toys, especially when you don't have to hide them for six months and and than say, "Oh that old thing, I've had it for months." Thanks God for understanding and indulgent wives. I'm blessed with the best.
  • 06-18-2007, 08:50 AM
    livin4lax09
    let me know how you like that pistol grip head. I've had one for a couple months now and I'm beginning to hate it.
  • 06-18-2007, 10:35 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by livin4lax09
    let me know how you like that pistol grip head. I've had one for a couple months now and I'm beginning to hate it.

I've been eying one so I'll be interested in some pro and cons too.
  • 06-18-2007, 10:39 AM
    livin4lax09
    nevermind, I actually just got it figured out. The problem I was having was just that it was getting so loose that it wouldn't hold the lightest SLR without falling over. But there is just a screw you can tighten that will make the ballhead tighter. I like it again :) I'll probably still trade it out for a wimberley gimbal head within the year though. OT, you're always welcome to mine!
  • 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
    Jimmy B
    Sweet both the Wife and new Toys
    Jimmy B
  • 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    Thanks guys - it is nice when I say I want or "need" something and she says well go ahead and get it ... (for the most part at least) haven't been able to get her to say that for the 70-200 2.8 VR yet:p - I did get her to say ok to a right angle view finder though :thumbsup:

Brent - the little I used it I liked it for the quickness of movement - but also seems like the spring in the "trigger" is tight and after a while the forearm starts to feel it ...
    I was using it at the R/C track so I was moving around quite a bit - have yet to see how it does in other places
  • 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM
    livin4lax09
    ah the tightness is alright, it's just like working out all day! you get good photos AND you get strong!
  • 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
    Sebastian
    Ben,

You will love that head. However, it'll prove to be useless for quick-moving things like sports or especially RC cars. Tripods are for keeping cameras STILL, not for moving them around quickly. :p :D

Enjoy the new toys.
  • 06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
    WsW-WYATT-EARP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Ben,

You will love that head. However, it'll prove to be useless for quick-moving things like sports or especially RC cars. Tripods are for keeping cameras STILL, not for moving them around quickly. :p :D

Enjoy the new toys.

It was my 1st day with it and had to try it out :thumbsup: got my feel for it then went back to hand holding ...
    if I had kept using it all day I would look like Popeye in no time :thumbsup:

I will have to go on a hike this weekend and get some use out of it :D