• 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
    Frog
    Re: So many dummies on ebay! lol
    I bought a sandisk sd card on ebay and then read an article on how to tell if they're fake.
    I got a fake :cryin: but only a few dollars. I tried looking up the article..it was a review or something on the left under memory cards but don't see it anymore.
    I complained but seller denied and it wasn't worth my time to carry it out.

I buy and sell a bit but always research.
    Noticed one time how much Goldwing shop manuals were going for and searched for hours and found them selling for $35 dollars from an online dealer.
    Sold several for up to $200 bucks. I ALMOST felt guilty.
  • 04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
    poker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I bought a sandisk sd card on ebay and then read an article on how to tell if they're fake.
    I got a fake :cryin: but only a few dollars. I tried looking up the article..it was a review or something on the left under memory cards but don't see it anymore.
    I complained but seller denied and it wasn't worth my time to carry it out.

I buy and sell a bit but always research.
    Noticed one time how much Goldwing shop manuals were going for and searched for hours and found them selling for $35 dollars from an online dealer.
    Sold several for up to $200 bucks. I ALMOST felt guilty.

Sorry to hear about the fake SD card. I have a 1GB CF card from Ebay I'm worried about. The packaging is really convincing. I'm afraid to check the authenticity.

It pays to research to buy low and sell high! Great story on the shop manuals. I use to buy rare videoe games from Blockbuster Video for $5 and sell them on Ebay from $25 to $40. They no longer have rare games in their used section but it was fun while it lasted.

:thumbsup:
  • 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
    Hickeroar
    You can get a Nikon SB-400 for $129 at any photo store.

They want $71 for it and (get this) $70 shipping:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Nikon-Speedl...QQcmdZViewItem

Ebay is ridiculous anymore.
  • 05-11-2007, 07:26 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Old thread, but I just had to post this:

Broken D2h going for $710
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BROKEN-Nikon-D2H...QQcmdZViewItem
  • 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM
    readingr
    Do they know something we don't?

Roger
  • 05-11-2007, 07:50 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Thats what I'm wondering, even though in the description he says it won't even turn on.

That means is either going to be a cheap easy fix from Nikon, or someone is gonna spend $700+ on a paperweight
  • 05-11-2007, 07:51 AM
    jorgemonkey
    I can't be as bad as the guy who paid a couple hundred for a photo of the new playstation before christmas
  • 05-11-2007, 08:50 AM
    poker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    Thats what I'm wondering, even though in the description he says it won't even turn on.

That means is either going to be a cheap easy fix from Nikon, or someone is gonna spend $700+ on a paperweight

I have a gut feeling whoever is doing this probably has extended warranty on an existing D2H and will send it in to get repaired for free. When you buy warranty, they don't know the serial number of the merchandise so what difference is it to the people repairing it the first time. Just a guess.
  • 05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
    Frog
    That's a possible, manasca.
    I was thinking that bidders are thinking it only needs the battery contacts cleaned or something that simple.
    Up to 841 with 45 minutes to go.
  • 05-11-2007, 09:57 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Ooh, I just read the questions on the bottom, turns out the camera might be a grey market camera (especially since it was bought from A&M Photoworld).

So, if they do plan on getting it fixed under warranty, they might be in for a little surprise
  • 05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
    berrywise
    I used a 580ex for the first time this weekend. Wow is that lot nicer than my 550 :)