ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Obvious or not...

I was out in the prairies east of town the other day looking for snowy owls - didn't find any - but on one of the country roads, I came across this situation and thought this is too good to pass up. As you can see from the image, it was a very hazy day, thus the lack of sky features and sharp background, but I did wonder about the sign. My guess is it probably serves the summer travellers better as the road could be very muddy and thus impassable without a 4x4 and a winch, although what you would put a winch cable around I don't know. Anyway, I got a chuckle out of this and I hope you will too - blatant statement of the obvious. If nothing else, the image serves to document the snow that is still on the ground in places in the first week of March - Spring cannot come soon enough...

As an aside, you can see one of our provinces many sources of revenue just to the right of the sign - a natural gas well...:thumbsup:

20110308-IMG_1805.jpg

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. I have also posted a couple of indigenous critters in the Nature and Wildlife forum taken during the same day.

Re: Obvious or not...

That's pretty fun. A tricky exposure for sure, though. I get photos sort of like this shooting skiers on overcast days. They can be made to work but it requires some tricky post processing.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    That's pretty fun. A tricky exposure for sure, though. I get photos sort of like this shooting skiers on overcast days. They can be made to work but it requires some tricky post processing.
    Thanks Photo-John. I look back at this and think that I might have used a polarizer, but don't know if this would help. I have also thought of applying a grad filter in Lightroom to see if that will do anything. Any thoughts on this "problem". Thanks.

WesternGuy

That reminds me of the people who follow the GPS directions in the middle of nowhere during the winter here in Oregon. There was an news paper article this winter about a family getting stuck on a GPS short cut, an other family member found them by following the directions given by the same model of GPS.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Photo-john, could you delete the posts numbers 5 and 6 - they are spam and then bar this chap from posting. Then you can delete this complaint as well. Thanks.

WesternGuy

Thread Information