• 01-26-2011, 06:11 PM
    Grandpaw
    1 Attachment(s)
    showing my photography, Im excited
    They have renovated the down town area of Pascagoula Ms. and the Courthouse Coffee Shop has asked me to put some pictures up on the walls for viewing and for sale. I went yesterday and placed 23 framed prints on the walls with hopes for a very good outcome. I took a couple of pictures of the setup and the shot of the other wall with 13 more prints on it but it didn't come out very well but you can get the idea from this one. This is near the Courthouse and several lawyers offices and nice restaurant so it has some potential. I am very excited because this is my first time to try this. I have pictures in about 10 other places around town that were purchased and displayed but this is the first time to be able to place several with hopes of selling them. Hope everything goes well, Jeff
  • 01-26-2011, 06:35 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: showing my photography, Im excited
    Congratulations Jeff. The display looks great and it looks like a really nice space to show off your work.
  • 01-26-2011, 07:37 PM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Congratulations Jeff. The display looks great and it looks like a really nice space to show off your work.

Thanks mike! The other wall that has the 13 photos on it are all in the barn wood frames. The barn wood frames look very good with the nature scenes, Jeff
  • 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
    arne saknussen
    Looks great, Jeff. Hope that wall is empty soon, if you know what I mean.
  • 01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by arne saknussen
    Looks great, Jeff. Hope that wall is empty soon, if you know what I mean.

Thanks arne. I am looking forward to see how well this goes. I am thinking about purchasing a large truck to deliver replacements with. LOL :D I really do think this has some potential but time will tell. The more of my photography I can get out in the public the better my chance of making sales, Jeff
  • 01-28-2011, 07:31 AM
    Old Timer
    Congrats Jeff! Hope sales go well, the display looks great.
  • 01-28-2011, 07:49 AM
    armando_m
    Excellent! best of luck with the sales :)
  • 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
    Kokopeli
    Very cool Jeff! I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes!
  • 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
    Liz
    Jeff,

I am so happy for you! I haven't been around much, and missed this before, but I'm glad I found it.

Congratulations! This is an awesome opportunity, and you did a fine job with the display. The coffee shop is well suited for this kind of display in the fact that it isn't cluttered and there aren't distractions all over the place (like stuff hanging on the walls, etc). Also, the tables/chairs are not too close, and it is possible to view more shots by walking around the place.

Keep us updated. BTW, your photos look really great, even from a distance. :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 01-28-2011, 11:06 AM
    Danbaileyphoto
    That does look really great! I hope the show goes well for you, Jeff!
  • 01-28-2011, 12:32 PM
    DGK*CRONE
    congrats! The pictures look great! let us know how it goes!
  • 01-28-2011, 01:52 PM
    Greg McCary
    Looking good Jeff, I am proud for you.
  • 01-28-2011, 03:49 PM
    Grandpaw
    I really appreciate all the kind comments and support. The plan is to leave my photography displayed for at least three months with a possibility of extending it longer. In the past I have gone to small one day art fairs and have done well. By having my photos displayed it will give the customers several opportunities to view my work and make a purchase. I am hoping by customers having the option of knowing where to find my work and being able to come back later and make a purchase this will be a good thing. Thanks again for all your support, Jeff
  • 01-28-2011, 06:18 PM
    jetrim
    Very happy for you Jeff, this looks like an excellent opportunity. It's great for building "brand awareness" (much more so than 1 day fairs). Wish you the best of luck!
  • 01-29-2011, 03:42 AM
    LeeIs
    That looks awesome! Best of luck Jeff. :)
  • 01-29-2011, 07:09 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    Beautiful. Good luck.
  • 01-30-2011, 04:30 PM
    Grandpaw
    Thanks jetrim, Leels and Don for taking a look and leaving your comments. My main objective right now is to get my name out there where more and more people will mention it when talking about photography on the coast. One step at a time and looking toward the future, Jeff
  • 01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
    megan
    Excellent, congratulations!
  • 02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
    Loupey
    Congrats, Jeff! That's a lot of hard work and I'm sure you will do well.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
  • 02-04-2011, 09:03 PM
    Grandpaw
    Thanks Megan & Loupey for your encouragement. This is something totally new for me so I am hoping for the best, Jeff
  • 02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
    daq7
    Grats man. Very exciting.
  • 02-10-2011, 06:44 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daq7
    Grats man. Very exciting.

Thanks! I went over yesterday to see how things were going. The owner of the shop told me that there was a lot of people asking questions and showing interest about my work and wanted to know more about who the photographer is. As of yet nothing has sold but it has only been there about two weeks. I believe my first sale is not too far off, Jeff