Show me your thermometer

Printable View

• 01-17-2009, 11:32 AM
    drg
    Re: Show me your thermometer
    Pretty cool stuff there people:D except for a few of you hotheads!

This is turning out better than I thought.

Keep those photos coming if you desire and I hope all are warm and safe (or cool and comfy). This has been quite a 'start' to winter this year!

There was only one afternoon/evening that I didn't like it outside, just too much wind chill. I didn't even want to know but those arctic rated work gauntlets felt reeeaaal good.

I really like the variety of thermometers ! !
  • 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
    Wild Wassa
    Hotheads are correct.

I wasn't thinking about photographing the thermometer yesterday it was too hot to think about two things at once ... but I wish I had.

I sheathed with carbon and epoxy the under deck of a Mirage 560 Sea Kayak, and built a mast step out of Kevlar for the Mirage and refaired the rudder in polyester Flowcoat (two coats) and trimmed and cut and polished all of yesterday's work to totally finished by late afternoon.

The outside temperature in the shade yesterday was 114.8F or for Europeans and Aussies 46C. Today will be hotter so the BOM says, at 48C or 118.4F.

Hot days are brilliant for modifying boats and watching resins set. The chemistry sets almost instantly.

The sweat coming off me already today is like rain.

Enjoy your day.

Warren.
  • 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Wassa
    Hotheads are correct.

I wasn't thinking about photographing the thermometer yesterday it was too hot to think about two things at once ... but I wish I had.

I sheathed with carbon and epoxy the under deck of a Mirage 560 Sea Kayak, and built a mast step out of Kevlar for the Mirage and refaired the rudder in polyester Flowcoat (two coats) and trimmed and cut and polished all of yesterday's work to totally finished by late afternoon.

The outside temperature in the shade yesterday was 114.8F or for Europeans and Aussies 46C. Today will be hotter so the BOM says, at 48C or 118.4F.

Hot days are brilliant for modifying boats and watching resins set. The chemistry sets almost instantly.

The sweat coming off me already today is like rain.

Enjoy your day.

Warren.

I'll take the -20F over 118F. I hate heat. - TF
  • 01-31-2009, 08:01 AM
    I_Fly
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldClicker
    I'll take the -20F over 118F. I hate heat. - TF

Ha! I'm just the opposite. I much prefer hot weather to cold! 118F even sounds better than the 40+ we're supposed to have today.
  • 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
    drg
    1 Attachment(s)
    It's a Heat Wave
    Yes, its a lot warmer than the last time I posted! It's Ground Hog day, or Candlemas for those of you so inclined.
  • 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
    SmartWombat
    1 Attachment(s)
    Warm inside, cold outside.
  • 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
    Wild Wassa
    Old Clinker Cheers and I Fly, G'day Mate.

I Fly I wonder if you would really like to experience this type of dry heat?

This current heat wave in SE Australia is unbelievable. The Minister for our much disturbed Environment Ms Penny Wong is blaming climate change. Climate change of all things, it is a bit late now to blame climate change?

The B Of Met are currently recording the highest temperatures in my region since temperatures have been taken, from 1902.

Sixty people have died so far from heat stroke and heat stress it has now been reported.

Parts of the southern rail systems are in chaos because of the buckling of railway lines ... and bottles of water are being handed out to commuters who are stranded.

Where I would normally be working today, it is at 53C ... so I'll just have to stay home today and watch EuroSports winter sports World Championships from around the globe and the Pacific Louis Vuitton Series ... on cable.

Life is not meant to be this easy, when it is this hot. It is amazing how watching World Cup cross country ski racing on TV makes me feel cool.

Warren.