ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

My First Ever Holgarama!

I have seen some EXCELLENT panoramas done with none other than a Holga, so I wanted to try it.
    So here it is..
    It done in the camera, there is no splicing together on the camera. This particular one consists of four frames. As you can imagine it is a little challenging doing it with a Holga, but I think the results are good. Basically what I did, was advance the knob one full turn plus a couple of more clicks. I walked parallel to this building instead of panning.
    I did three scenes this morning, this is the most successful of the three. The other two did not overlap much. I think I needed to under wind the advance knob, because by the time I got to the last two frames there was a good 1/4 inch space between the two frames.
    Anyway, I presnt to you my first attempt at a "Holgarama".
    Please comment. I thought I'd post it here, becuase I am sure most of you probably never thought that a Holga could do something like this.
    Thanks as always!
    Brian

My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Re: My First Ever Holgarama!

That is sweeeeeeet! If somebody did tha with a place I loved I'd be buying a sofa sized print! Nice one Brian!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Got some great results there, Brian. They talk (whomever "they" are) about how much care it takes to do a conventional pan shot, and how tricky it can be, but I think these Holga montages take just as much thought and planning sometimes.

Sure it's possibe to just luck out, but I doubt that's the case with your shots. The combination of images has a real nice blend and overall composition to them.

That ain't no accident...

It's refreshing to see this alternative shooting style. Makes me want to go out and try something completely different than what I usually do.
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Thanks Steve! That means a lot coming from you.
    It was a little planning on my part, which side to start on and the framing from frame to frame.
    I have had a little chat with PJ about doing something a little different, I think I was able to convince him.
    So Go For It!! I am sure it will recharge your vision!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Brian. Very impressive work. The different angles work well! Nice eye for flow and repition.

Jared

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Neat Neat Neat!

(To quote Dave Vanian...)

Two thumbs up. Very cool. Holgas are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.........

Thread Information