ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ruffus Griffin's Adventures (Part II)

My trip to Salt Lake wouldn't be complete without a visit to our very own Photo John's home, where all the behind the scenes PR.com magic happens...
    Brian and I just outside John's home as we were waiting for John to answer the door.

The PJ/PR.com command post:

The same scene, but with my better half.....

No visit to John's is complete without seeing his cameras.

Or sitting on one of his cool mountain bikes. This one still had some fresh mud on it, from one of the areas BEST trails.

It was such a nice day, most of our visit was spent outside on the deck, John's cat Parker joined us for a while.

Before we left John's we made this picture of the two of us together.

Thanks for having us over John!
    You can also check out my blog, with pics of my adventure with mtbbrian's work and train ride.

Lastly, amongst the three of us we thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread of my adventures because this one is getting at big as it is, and we would want it to crash the server like the bird one did a few years back..
    You can see the original "Camera Around The World" thread HERE.
    Last edited by Photo-John; 08-23-2010 at 01:27 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini - Digital Camera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Ruffus Griffin's Adventures

Great tattoos John, I am getting me one in a month or two. Glad to see you all hook up.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Ruffus Griffin's Adventures

Look for pics from John too and hopefully, Ruff and I will get out for some fly fishing as well!
    Brian

Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety... - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Nice To Meet You!

I've been thinking I need to make sure I get a visit from Ruffus. And then, conveniently, I get a PM from Brian, letting me know Ruffus is already in town to see him! So we made arrangements for Brian and Ruffus to come over to PJHQ for a visit. Obviously it's tough to be on the road as long as Ruffus has been because he's looking a little frayed. But he's still got style!

I tried to introduce Ruffus to Parker but Parker was completely uninterested. Maybe if I'd put a little bacon grease on Ruffus' head...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruffus Griffin's Adventures (Part II)-_04c9722.jpg   Ruffus Griffin's Adventures (Part II)-_04c9718.jpg  
    Photo-John

are the foundation of this site -

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Ruffus Griffin's Adventures (Part II)

Glad to see Ruffus is having such a great time in SLC and surrounding areas...hehe...keep having lotsa fun Ruff...
    Ken

Click these links for the
    and the

Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo
    to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Glad to see Ruffus is having such a great time in SLC and surrounding areas...hehe...keep having lotsa fun Ruff...
    He sure is..
    I recently had a birthday ( turned the BIG 4 OH) and since Ruffus is still here at my home he was more than welcome.
    He was a little unruly but ffter a short talk he settled down, some...

I really had a hard time keeping him away from the beer, we had a lot...

And keeping him away from the cake, was a difficult task too...

But he sure enjoyed looking at all of my photographs that I had on the wall...

Photo John came(Thanks John!) and Ruffus left with John, so watch for an upcoming adventure with him before Ruffus departs Salt Lake City...

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety... - Ansel Adams

I tried to take Ruffus out to go fishing with me, but as we all know he's just not that into nature, so I showed him the area in my home where I tie flies, which he was impressed with, just not impressed enough to go fishing with me.

The completed fly, a brown caddis...

I tried to get him out, twice last week, he just couldn't see getting up that early and go fishing...

Nice Addition, Brian!

Good stuff, Brian! It was good to see you and also to get a chance to take Ruffus out for a real adventure. He got a good one yesterday - he even got to see a moose! Photos will have to wait a bit as I have way too much work today to download them yet.
    Photo-John

Re: Nice Addition, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Good stuff, Brian! It was good to see you and also to get a chance to take Ruffus out for a real adventure. He got a good one yesterday - he even got to see a moose! Photos will have to wait a bit as I have way too much work today to download them yet.
    Likewise John!
    I am glad you were able to convince him to get out...
    It just wasn't happening with me, and I even bribed him with beer...

Looking forward to the ride pics and whatever you took at my party...
    Brian
    :thumbsup:

Rufus is looking a little worn at this point in his travels but just a rowdy I see. Love that Holga cake.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I think Rufus needs a make over.....
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Photo-JenniC

I saw Ruffus going along for the ride in Photo-Johns backpack. He loved the views on Utah's Wasatch Crest trail!

~Jenni, LMT

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni_LMT
    I saw Ruffus going along for the ride in Photo-Johns backpack. He loved the views on Utah's Wasatch Crest trail!
    Nice one Jenni!
    We need to get all of the PR.com folks from Utah for a group pic with Ruffus!
    Brian

Should Rufus start a Facebook group?

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Should Rufus start a Facebook group?
    I say YES he should!
    Brian

Here it is, please join. Brian I will try and make you an officer. Copy and Paste URL......

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=152396248114997&ref=mf

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Here it is, please join. Brian I will try and make you an officer. Copy and Paste URL......

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=152396248114997&ref=mf
    Joined and added some pics!
    Brian

So any new news from our traveling friend Ruffus?

Is he still in SLC?

James

I think we need to put a time limit of a maximum of two weeks for Ruffus to be at any one location before he travels on for his next visit. If you want him to come and visit with you to be prepared for his up coming visit and not wait until he arrives to think about what you would like to do together. I am looking forward to my visit with him, I just hope I am still able to get around by the time he arrives. Lets speed this up a little. Ruffus cannot be a World Traveler if he stays in the same place for long periods of time. Remember he is getting older too and there is no telling how much longer he will be up to the excitement of travel, Jeff

Note added.... I was looking at a closeup of Ruffus on Facebook and couldn't help noticing the resemblance to Homer Simpson.
    Check out my website

My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days

or just Plain Good Days
    I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Early in his travels we only had him as a guest for a max of one week. But somehow that has turned to a much longer stay.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Photo John, I would like to suggest coming up with some guidelines for how Rufus is handled, as far as how long he stays at each location and having the current person visiting with Rufus give an up date. Getting an update once a week will drum up more enthusiasm and interest in the project. The last picture that I see posted was with Photo John on September 14th. So where is he now? The only way he can be a world traveler is if he actually travels, Jeff
    Check out my website

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days

or just Plain Good Days

I think Greg is the one that conceived and actually started this project not PJ.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I think Greg is the one that conceived and actually started this project not PJ.
    Then maybe Greg can come up with some guidelines We just need to have some way of keeping track of who he is with who is next in line, and when he starts his travels to his next location. If he comes to visit and you are too busy then he needs to move on instead of having an extended stay, in my opinion, Jeff.
    Check out my website

or just Plain Good Days

Jeff I agree that Rufus moves to slow and I also thought he would move along at a quicker pace. I really didn't think about a strict time line because sometimes members have other duties that prevent them from finishing up quickly. For awhile I tried to speed things up by alerting the next member on the list that thier time was about to come up. It seems the hold up is the time it takes to locate the next member when it is their turn. I will try and see what I can do to speed it along. When I PM the next member I will try an encourage a speeder time frame.

Sony a99/a7R

I will PM Wierdpics and see if they respond if not soon we can just move up the list. Maybe that is a good way to speed it up. If the next member on the list doesn't respond to a PM we could skip that member and double back. Thoughts?

Weirdpics Austin Texas
    canuck935 San Diego
    not2shabby, Jackson MS
    JBphoho, East Lyme CT.
    Opus, Milwaukee
    Hollis, USA
    Xia_Ke, Mainahh
    Shebang, Oklahoma
    JamesV, East Chicago, IN
    jetrim, Ft. Lauderdale
    grandpaw, Ocean Sprins MS
    kball Mount Vernon, Washington
    Nicci, Sweden
    hminx, New Zealand

Sony a99/a7R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information