• 04-15-2005, 12:04 PM
    CaraRose
    Rocky Mountain National Park
    My mom and I are planning on heading to Rocky Mountain NP for a week come July. Last year I had a lot of great suggestions and tips from people when we went to the Smokies, so I was hoping I might get some tips from those who may have spent some time in this park :) It'll be my first time there, my mom's first time in over 25 years.

Thanks everyone!
  • 04-15-2005, 03:58 PM
    opus
    Re: Rocky Mountain National Park
    hmmm. Well, I was just near there a few weeks ago, but in my case there was lots more snow than you'll see in July.
  • 04-15-2005, 04:12 PM
    mjs1973
    I will be there there next weekend!!!! We are only going to be there for a day but hopefully I can scope out a few good photo spots while I'm there. My girlfriend printed off some info she found on the net with some hiking trails with waterfalls on them so I will be checking them out. I wish we could spend a whole week there...
  • 04-15-2005, 08:48 PM
    lidarman
    Given I live in Boulder near there, hmmm.

Well Longs peak is Beatiful. Trail ridge road will be awesome and don't forget to stop and look at the wildlife. There are marmots around as well as the expected buffalo, elk and deer.

The town of Estes Park is your typical tourist mess. Travel north to some of the smaller spots.

Don't know what Else to say. I spend a lot of time mountain biking up near there and love it.
  • 04-15-2005, 10:46 PM
    jar_e
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraRose
    My mom and I are planning on heading to Rocky Mountain NP for a week come July. Last year I had a lot of great suggestions and tips from people when we went to the Smokies, so I was hoping I might get some tips from those who may have spent some time in this park :) It'll be my first time there, my mom's first time in over 25 years.

Thanks everyone!

Well from the sounds of it with your new digital rebel your going to have a blast!

Though this is early, Have a good trip,

Jared