ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Rockford Members

I just heard on the news that Rockford got a lot of rain last night and some areas got flooded. I know that Steve lives up there and just wanted to know if everything is ok with him and anyone else. The news said that people had to be taken out of homes and businesses.

Re: Rockford Members

Thanks, James but I'm fine. I don't know of anyone else that's very close to here but it was a pretty big storm. My house is in an area of several blocks that seemed fine, but we're on a bit of a hill (little bit, this is Illinois...) but if you went about a half mile radius in any direction there was flooding over the top of car doors, thru foundations and I heard (not confirmed) that two houses moved off their foundations. I read that 14 have been condemned since early this AM.

I've lived here for almost all of my life and never seen anything like it. I had been home for about an hour from a road trip when it all started (ironically, kayaking). Glad I didn't have to drive in that stuff!

Good to hear Steve, I seen that on the news this morning before work and at work a few people were talking about it. One guy said that something like 12" of rain but with the hail it could not be determined. Good to hear that all is well.

Some parts got 6" in a couple hours but I think that's the max (it's enough!). Just got back from a store in one of the affected areas - they were open but it smelled like they got some water inside and the parking lot was a little muddy. Plenty of hail too (friend had an inch on his deck) but again we lucked out for some reason.

Thread Information