ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Pentax Forum Moderator

It's Official...

Kim and I are now "officially" students of PHOTOGRAPHY!! The Student ID cards have arrived as well as the first lessons. We decided to try the NYIP course of study. She is taking the Professional Course of Study and I'm taking the Digital Course. My first opinion is that so far, it's nothing I haven't already learned here, but Kim is getting quite a bit out of her course. But then...she was a total novice only 3 weeks ago. I'll keep you all up to date on our progress and post some of our projects on here and see how the critiques differ from the schools...hehe...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: It's Official...

Ken,

Wonderful to hear you wanting to explore more ph otography and willing to go through a course! Enjoy it and let us know how it all turns out!

Jared

Just me and my camera

That's exciting! I hope you and Kim enjoy your classes.
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

way to go on taking the course. I am currently taking a course at my college, and it has been the best experience I have ever had. I am going to miss going to class when its over which is in about 5 weeks.

Good Luck-Zack
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx all for the support...it looks like it will be fun...Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Hey Ken,

I took the Professional course several years ago. They do a good job of gathering all the basic stuff you need to go and presenting it in a manner that almost everyone can understand. You get to read it, hear it and see it. Everyone's learning method is different and they cover all three and then reinforce it with the other two. My photo advisor sometime gave really good critiques and sometimes gave critiques that made me wonder if he was actually looking at my photos.

Overall I enjoyed it and felt it benefited me. I have been curious about the digital course but not curious enough to shell out the $$!

So I hope you keep us informed on how the courses go for both of you.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Ken,

I took photography courses from a local community college a few years ago. I learned a little, like you it was mostly review. But I stuck around and eventually made some good contacts in the group. I eventually saw one of my classmates had won a spot in a contest for Popular Photography magazine! The instructor was great, and he eventually invited us to his studio where we REALLY got to learn the good stuff! Hands-on expiernce with lighting was great. Though it was a little basic at first, hanging in there for me really paid off.

I'm glad to see folks constantly learning I'm sure you and your wife will get plenty out of the experience. And when you're through, look up your local community college's photography courses ;)
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

http://groups.msn.com/NYIPRoundtable..._whatsnew.msnw

Try this site as well. It's not actually affiliated with the course, but it is pretty helpful

That's great, both of you - I'm sure you'll learn a lot. Let us know how it goes!

Nyip

Congratulations Ken!

Hope you and the wife get something out of this.

I'm interested in knowing how it goes for you.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information