• 10-18-2005, 11:13 AM
    rossouk
    Recommendations on camera cases
    I'm young, I'm hip, I'm cool....etc. Just bought a Canon 350d and now need a stingin' bag to house ma tools. I have no idea as to whats hot and whats hot in the world of camera cases right now. Recommendations please (oh and no Louis Vuitton, thats just too much!!)

Thanks
  • 10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
    Axle
    Re: Recommendations on camera cases
    Look at Lowepro products
  • 10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
    another view
    For the last few years, my Domke F2 has been my favorite all-around bag. I've got a couple LowePro bags too, but they're a whole different thing. The Domke is surprisingly waterproof, although I don't really recommend trying it...
  • 10-18-2005, 10:01 PM
    paulnj
    You need to take into account what OTHER gear you will be haling too. Lenses? Flash? Batteries? Cell phone ? ......

I have plenty of lowepro gear .
    a simple TLZ1 that would fit a Dreb kit

a TLZ 75 AW that will easily fit a Dreb/grip , most any lens you own(100-400IS fits), a flash(550/580), 2 batteries, cards, cell, cleaning cloth......

The nova series are pretty cool.... I own a NOVA 5 that would be overkill in your case ! A friend uses a NOVA 3 for her Dreb/ 17-40IS and 75-300 IS with plenty of extra gear room.... yet small ;)

NONE of these are hip or cool, but they protect my gear ;)
  • 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
    Mr Yuck
    A sock.

I used one for a while before finally going to Fred Meyer and picking out one that looked to be about the right size for my camera../spare batteries.
  • 10-18-2005, 11:29 PM
    masdog
    I've got three camera bags right now, two that I will use depending on the circumstances. The bag I store my XT in is the Canon bag I got with the original DREB power kit (it's kinda sitting in my living room floor for now until I make room in a closet for it). I also have a Tamrac Expedition 3 backpack that can hold a single camera body and a couple of lenses or flashes in the main compartment and batteries, memory cards, and other accessories in the secondary pocket.

I liked the Tamrac because it was small but could still hold my XT, a 70-200mm lens, and plenty of memory cards and batteries when I would go out and not want to have a bag hanging from my side. The best part is that it wasn't very large. My girlfriend has one of those backpack purses, and this camera bag wasn't much bigger than that (a fact that her family reminded me of every time I had it with me). If you're interested in something that isn't an obvious camera bag that will give you plenty of space, look into the Tamrac Expedition 3.
  • 10-18-2005, 11:31 PM
    masdog
    Paul, I just purchased a Lowepro 630 AW, and I love it. It not only has room for all my gear, but it can store my laptop, cell phone, IPOD, and have plenty of room left over.
  • 10-19-2005, 10:31 PM
    paulnj
    Yes, but I think the poster is looking for a small stroll around the hood type camera bag... not a 2 body, 7 lens case like I vacation with ;)