ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Bill Clinton at my workplace...

for an hour discussion, book signing, and museum tour with the Governor, our President, and other VIPs. People camped out overnight to be first in line, 900 guests were at the discussion and book signing, another 600 outside for hours in the stifling heat for a chance to get their books signed(he signed them all), and a few thousand other visitors. I was on call(besides managing the museum) to, if time alloted, take a few photos. I did get Mr. Clinton and our CEO and just 1 shot at a staff photo. I stood on a chair, squeezed them all in, had the D100, 35-70/2.8 and my trusty Vivitar 285HV, got exactly 1 shot to get it right. Some positioning issues, but the exposure was amazingly good with the direct flash(I was about 15 feet away).

No matter your political views, Mr. Clinton is a charmer, an extremely good speaker, and very intelligent. I'm beat(in at 5:30am, out at 6pm). :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bill Clinton at my workplace...-clintonstaffa.jpg  

Wow..no easy feat to photograph a president in a formal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    No matter your political views, Mr. Clinton is a charmer, an extremely good speaker, and very intelligent. I'm beat(in at 5:30am, out at 6pm). :-)
    That's a great opporotunity to be able to photograph and meet a President (ex or otherwise). There was a line that stretched around the Barnes and Noble when Clinton was signing his book in Santa Clara, CA.

I do agree that Clinton is a very good speaker and very intelligent, irregardless of the political spectrum that I am on. It's just a cool opporotunity to meet a president.

Nice one Charles.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Liz

Talking Congratulations Charles! WOW!

You deserve a reward for such marvelous work. Perfect Capture! With all that was going here, one shot of a President with all those people.....you were the one to do it!

Do you get a chance to sell this image to those who want one.......which has to be tons of people beginning with the ones in the image?

Thank for sharing it will all of us!

Liz

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

All those smiles...

would seem to indicate that a good time was had by all It's funny, I wondered how far charm could get you in the world, now I guess I know

I think this is a wonderful shot, Charles. Now there's another one for your resume ;)

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Great - how many other people have a shot of a president in their portfolio? I probably would have choked and set something wrong...

Thanks, all. Yeah, I admit I was a bit pressured because I don't use flash all that much but knew I was going to need it here. I think my boss is going to buy prints for all of the staff. I've already had an 8x10 made of this one for our president/Ceo, plus one of just him and Mr. Clinton, which also turned out great using the flash.

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Well look at you Mr.Fancypants. Excellent job. I would still be standing there trying to remember how a camera works.

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Liz

Talking Danielle.......I love it

Well look at you Mr.Fancypants. Excellent job. I would still be standing there trying to remember how a camera works.Danielle[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated!

Liz

Fancypants...

Ha ha ... I'll admit I was sweating a bit, knowing I had just 1 shot of the group. Mr. Clinton was exhausted, the Secret service guys were getting nervous about all those people around him, and I was running all the flash knowledge I had through my mind, as I rarely use flash...I got lucky. I also managed a good shot of him and our CEO and one of him and the young woman from work who coordinated the event. Thanks.
    Mr. Fancypants

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Well look at you Mr.Fancypants. Excellent job. I would still be standing there trying to remember how a camera works.Danielle
    Perfectly stated!

Liz[/QUOTE]

so you're changing your title to fancypants or just moderator fancypants...
    ;)

that's too funny

and I'm way impressed... I got to meet Nancy Reagan once, and have a pic top prove it (too bad there's a girl picking her wedgey out next to me)

Good job under such stressful conditions...you did just fine.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information