ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    drg

Rémi Ochlik, 1983-2012.

February 22, 2012 freelance photographer Rémi Ochlik was killed in Homs, Syria while covering the siege.

Working freelance, he and American journalist Marie Colvin were killed last Wednesday in an apparently targeted attack on a media center. Other injured journalists and civilian wounded are still not being allowed aid from outside.

Rémi Ochlik was a winner of the 2012 World Press Photo award in the General News category. (see image by clicking here)

Ochlik represented by IP3, had covered numerous conflict sites, particularly during the Arab Spring as it still known.

More of his work can be see at http://www.ochlik.com.

Adieu Rémi . . .

Last edited by drg; 02-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Re: Rémi Ochlik, 1983-2012.

Hello, Chris.
    Such crushing news. I found out on the 25th. His work.....says it all.Thank you for sharing.

Respect, Remi

With regards,
    Rick

GB1

Re: Rémi Ochlik, 1983-2012.

Thanks for posting, Drg. These war correspondents must know how dangerous their work it, but still, it stinks when this stuff happens. He has some good work up on his site too, by the way.

I have a civilian friend over in Kabul working for the Army Corps of Engineers, in the Green Zone, where it's relatively safe. He says they're basically not allow to go out of the zone to downtown Kabul because it's too dangerous. But I think I'd be too temped to grab my camera and walk around, risky as that may be ..
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information