• 10-03-2004, 07:34 PM
    Hodgy
    A quick game of bachi before the wedding.
    Groom couldn't resist throwin a few balls.

http://www.nobsphotosuccess.com/world/jim1.jpg
  • 10-03-2004, 07:57 PM
    Clicker
    Re: A quick game of bachi before the wedding.
    lol! Maybe it took away the cold feet?

Wondering, was this shot early morning? Reason for asking: He seems lit up, seperated from the background, shadow is directly behind him... not sure if its fill flash... don't think it is... seems like warm lighting...
    Great capture of movement on the Ball!
  • 10-03-2004, 08:30 PM
    walterick
    Hodgy...
    You know I love your stuff, man, but leaving in the telephone poll and wires? Come on, take 'em out and call it "art" :D

I thought your title read "bachy" as in "bachelor" and have anticipated a bachelor party scene!

Good stuff

Rick
  • 10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
    Hodgy
    Re: Hodgy...
    I was debating on taking out the wires, but then figured, no, I'll leave them in, so people would be happy. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesh Walt, no pleasin anyone is there, LOL

Click, this was shot at around 3:00 pm. I had my canon 550 flash held out to my left. I exposed for the flash, and it was 1 stop over ambient. I wanted the background to go dark, and I wanted some sculpting on my subject (this makes him pop out of the image).
  • 10-04-2004, 09:28 AM
    Trevor Ash
    Re: A quick game of bachi before the wedding.
    I have to admit Hodgy that is kind of funny that we would complain :) I'm fortunate enough that I only have to please myself with my photos. You have to please the customer though and deserve much respect for that. I'm not sure I could handle the stress!!

I like the photo btw, with or without telephone wires :)
  • 10-04-2004, 10:08 AM
    Clicker
    Re: Hodgy...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy
    I was debating on taking out the wires, but then figured, no, I'll leave them in, so people would be happy. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesh Walt, no pleasin anyone is there, LOL

Click, this was shot at around 3:00 pm. I had my canon 550 flash held out to my left. I exposed for the flash, and it was 1 stop over ambient. I wanted the background to go dark, and I wanted some sculpting on my subject (this makes him pop out of the image).

Well, You definitely achieved the >pop< !