• 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
    opus
    Question for sports photographers: day or night?
    My husband and I are trying to choose a Packer game to go to. (We like to schedule a little weekend around a Packer game each year.) So my question is, if I'm planning to bring my 75-300 f/4-5.6 IS, should I choose a noon game when the daylight is maximum (and the shadows are harsh), or is it OK to choose a 3:15 game (when the shadows are long)? I know from past experience that there's a little window of time where the light gets really bad, before they turn the "big" lights on. Or is a night game best, when it's all under bright artificial lighting?
  • 08-02-2004, 03:14 PM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    My husband and I are trying to choose a Packer game to go to. (We like to schedule a little weekend around a Packer game each year.) So my question is, if I'm planning to bring my 75-300 f/4-5.6 IS, should I choose a noon game when the daylight is maximum (and the shadows are harsh), or is it OK to choose a 3:15 game (when the shadows are long)? I know from past experience that there's a little window of time where the light gets really bad, before they turn the "big" lights on. Or is a night game best, when it's all under bright artificial lighting?

When I was there for the Fire game there was no down time between the lights being on and off. 10D with an f/4 lens got very decent shutter speeds.