QL17 Self Portrait

Printable View

• 01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
    zrfraser
    1 Attachment(s)
    QL17 Self Portrait
    I finally ran some film through my QL17 that fellow board member Greg McCary gave me for Christamas/Graduation present. Here is my first self portrait on this forum, and I know hoe we like self portraits. The lighting was less than optimal and the film wasn't great either (Kodak Gold 200). It was also scanned at a drugstore, so go easy guys. Hope you enjoy.

Z
  • 01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
    walterick
    Re: QL17 Self Portrait
    Hey, you're a good lookin guy Z! I give you 10 minutes before Natalie and Adina are all over this post :wink:
  • 01-18-2007, 04:50 AM
    Greg McCary
    I am glad to see the camera working, I hope the metering system was accurate enough. I hope you enjoy it.
    Greg
  • 01-18-2007, 07:12 AM
    another view
    Congrats to the grad! Neat little cameras, aren't they? I've got one of them and haven't used it in awhile...
  • 01-18-2007, 07:53 AM
    mtbbrian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    Congrats to the grad! Neat little cameras, aren't they? I've got one of them and haven't used it in awhile...

Come on Steve get off your behind and use it!
    :D :rolleyes: :p
    Range finders ROCK!
    I am sure you will enjoy yours Z.
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
  • 01-18-2007, 08:49 AM
    photophorous
    Hi Z,

That's a nice shot and a very cool gift. You'll enjoy it, if you don't mind slowing down a little. I'm looking forward to the next time I get to use mine. Don't forget to post more shots when you get the chance.

Paul
  • 01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
    zrfraser
    Thanks guys...I'm not a grad yet, but I guess Greg couldn't wait to give it to me. I do graduate in May though if my last 2 classes go well. I am using this camera in my light media class (photo art), and I hope to get things dialed in with it. We are learning how to use the zone system, so it shoul be interesting.

Z
  • 01-18-2007, 10:57 AM
    Greg McCary
    I googled the zone system, sounds pretty complicated. You will probably be a very good photographer once you leave Berry. My wife went there for almost a year and I also have a niece that's out there, They both say it's a pretty tough school.
    Greg
  • 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM
    gahspidy
    A very decent self portrait. Good luck in your classes and we hope to see more from this camera.