ps'd dancer

Printable View

• 04-10-2004, 12:56 PM
    adina
    ps'd dancer
    my current favorite. I think I used the diffused glow in ps, but I'm not sure. but I like it.

10d
    28-80 cheapo lens
    iso200
    f/3.5 shutter speed 1/60
    converted in ps

adina
  • 04-10-2004, 01:36 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Not 100% sure it works...
    Adina,

You're definitely on to something here, both with your original shot as well as the treatment in ps...

The overall tonality is very nice. Also, the shot angle heightens the beautiful contrast of the softness of the subject with harder organic texture of the wooden floor.

Still, I'm not crazy about the crop. The more I look at it, the more I think cutting off your subject's head is somewhat arbitrary and hinders rather than helps the composition.

How much of the subject's head was in the original? Was there a specific reason you didn't want it in the frame?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    my current favorite. I think I used the diffused glow in ps, but I'm not sure. but I like it.

10d
    28-80 cheapo lens
    iso200
    f/3.5 shutter speed 1/60
    converted in ps

adina

• 04-10-2004, 06:46 PM
    another view
    The effect you have is nice, almost has an infrared look to it. I also like the diagonal lines in the floor. The placement of her left leg just doesn't look natural, and I think I agree with Steve about the crop. Maybe just a little much.

Steve, like those new glasses!
  • 04-10-2004, 07:40 PM
    dsl712
    Sweet
    Very nice stuff. Creative and strong composition. But the head throws the image off a bit for me. Maybe because just the head is cut off. I would rather see more of her cut off or less.

Work is getting really, really good.

Dennis
  • 04-11-2004, 04:57 AM
    adina
    headless original
    The original is cut off at the chin. I didn't want a face, because I didn't want it to be recognizable as any one individual. What I thought I'd do is make a little "photography by" card for the prints (ended up with 20) that are going up at the studio where we dance. So I didn't want it to be a picture of so and so's kid, but more towards any kid. Maybe the top of the head? So you can't see a face? This is my project for spring break, so reshooting is not a problem.

Thanks so much

adina

Steve, almost didn't recognize you in those glasses! :)
  • 04-11-2004, 09:19 AM
    Norman
    Very nice concept....
    I think as you say, if you had the top of the head fully in the shot looking down so you don't see any facial features, have the model tuck her chin downwards. Also I agree about the left leg looking a little not right.

The overall effect is stunning & you are definatley 99% there. :)

P.S. Have you tried an on camera soft focus filter ?