ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

On a happier note

I've been playing with the 10d, and I think I finally have it set to work for me. My problem before was the sharpness issue, everything seemed kind of soft. I think I've got that taken care of now. Just took some experimenting.

adina

forgot the pic
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Right in the eyelashes was where I was having problems before. They all seemed like one big blurry clump.

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    Adina,

You are very talented; this is beautiful... and I didn't post on the other thread, but I hope you can work things out with your family.
    *smile*

Ok so what did you do, that has got you happier with the 10D, I have one and am interested in what you did to get the results you are happy with.

Nice photo, but I think a little more light in the shadows would be great too.

I've got the focusing point set to the center one, and just compose around that. If I want the focusing point somewhere else, I just recompose after it's locked.

I also adjusted the saturation, contrast, and sharpness levels in-camera. Which may or may not work for everyone. But it is giving me the look that I like, so I'm going to keep it for a bit.

And more light would probably work, but I'm really into dark shadows right now.

Happy shooting!

adina

Thread Information