Planting a cowboy tree

Printable View

• 10-22-2004, 02:30 PM
    adina
    Planting a cowboy tree
    So we spent about 2 hours outside digging a hole, all by ourselves, and then planting a tree that was abandoned on our front yard last week.

Then we played in the leaves.
  • 10-22-2004, 02:33 PM
    adina
    duh
    once again..
  • 10-22-2004, 04:08 PM
    kieranmullen
    Re: Planting a cowboy tree
    Inching your way to 1000 what? Photos?

What was the quipment used?

KM
  • 10-23-2004, 09:26 AM
    adina
    1000 posts. So I can be cool.

20d, and 50mm f/1.8

adina
  • 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Oh, the humanity...
    Very touching, Adina. One cause I've become quite passionate about in recent years is the plight of ABANDONED TREES...

One question: have you had it fixed? Remember, the last thing we want is a bunch of seedlings littering the neighborhood. That just compounds the problem... ;)

BTW, two hours? To dig a hole??? You sure you don't work for the government? :D

-Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    So we spent about 2 hours outside digging a hole, all by ourselves, and then planting a tree that was abandoned on our front yard last week.

Then we played in the leaves.

• 10-25-2004, 01:01 PM
    SmartWombat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    1000 posts. So I can be cool.
    20d, and 50mm f/1.8
    adina

The second photo is great !

I'm not a great tree fan.
    We has a campaign "plant a tree in '73"
    Followed up with "buy a saw in 74" if my father had his way, as the light to his house was progressively blocked out by neighbours' stupidly planted unpruned inapproriately large trees.
  • 10-25-2004, 02:06 PM
    adina
    Re: Oh, the humanity...
    Yes, we had it fixed. As we are not sure of it's origins, we thought it best if it didn't reproduce at this point :D

2 hours for a SMALL hole! And I thought we made good time. The government must take 3 yr olds with them if it takes them that long. :)

adina
  • 10-26-2004, 06:16 AM
    Old Timer
    Your daughter in the leaves is a gorgeous image. The square format works very well for this photograph.
  • 10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
    opus
    Steve, if my yard is any indication, I believe this part of Wisconsin is entirely clay and rock.

It took me two hours last year to dig a hole in the backyard to bury my cat.
  • 10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
    adina
    Ours isn't so bad. Rumor has it that our yard was a gravel pit years ago, and when the brought the house in, they brought in dirt to fill it in. So we have about 2 feet of dirt, then rock and clay. :)
  • 10-26-2004, 01:59 PM
    petemac
    Seeing all these posts coming from wisconsin makes me want to chime in...i miss wisconsin! I used to spend summers with my great aunt up in the northwoods - and loved it. I am jealous that you guys are in that nice state.

I like your images and the entire idea of saving the tree. I'm not sure who looks happier in the leaves...the tree or the daughter. Thanks for posting these, you made me happy with thoughts of swimming, sailing, cheese, picking blueberries....etc :-)

-pete