ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Planned Parenthood Protest

Planned Parenthood opened up a clinic in Aurora and every month a group protests outside the facility.

-Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Re: Planned Parenthood Protest

Very nice...I like the fact that the standing people have no heads...they could be anybody.

On a side note, I absolutely detest when people take their small children with them to protest. I've seen several, with kids younger than mine. Yeah, stand up for your belief, but get a babysitter.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thanks Adina!
    -Seb

My website

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Nice Image, but I disagree with Adina on this...I would rather teach my Kids as opposed to having the media, or anyone else teach them. I would have no problem standing there with those folks...Planned parenthood is evil, plain and simple...and my kids know that....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Seb,

I had to look up Planned Parenthood being a Brit to try and understand the title with the photo and I still don't get the link with the photo.

For me it looks more like any religious/catholic thing than something to do with Planned Parenthood. I guess what I'm trying to say is the pic doesn't tell the story found in the title for me.

As for the photo, I like the composition, but wish the virgin Mary's head wasn't cut off on the poster.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Yes, teach your kids. But at 5, a child isn't going to understand abortion and sex and photos of mutilated babies. I find it very hard to believe that some of those people who take their kids have educated them, and even if they tried, at that age, they are too young to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Yes, teach your kids. But at 5, a child isn't going to understand abortion and sex and photos of mutilated babies. I find it very hard to believe that some of those people who take their kids have educated them, and even if they tried, at that age, they are too young to understand.
    I agree on the age. Context is very important here and in this context, no, I would not take my kids to an abortion protest.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

I should have been more clear. By kids, I meant little kids.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Wow, interesting viewpoint. I've gotten some great healthcare at PP.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

What kind of health care did you receive at planned parenthood?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

A gynecological exam. A birth control prescription that I requested. Nutritional advice, because I was anemic. A breast exam because I'm a woman and breast cancer is a concern. Not that my medical history is any of *anyones* business, but I'm posting it to show that providing health and reproductive care to women is not inherently evil.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

I believe it's none of the states business. You can't legislate morality you have to teach it at home. Just because you believe it's a sin doesn't make a sin for another religious group. That is why there is separation of church and state in the USA.

Now days allot of legislator's think they can make the church and state one. What needs to happen is get people of welfare and get rid of entitlements. If you don't save or set up for you retirement you can't retire. You don't work you go hungry. You rob some one you goto real jail, you do it more than three times you are 6 foot under....

Rant off......
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

With this tread and the redneck one, I'm guessing that it would be hard to argue that photography doesn't inspire passion.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by freygr
    Just because you believe it's a sin doesn't make a sin for another religious group.
    This is part of the mindset that has allowed the "anything goes" morality that is slowly taking over the American culture. There are certain things that are sin, no matter what a person chooses to believe. Situational morality is a very slippery slope that leads to ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptax
    This is part of the mindset that has allowed the "anything goes" morality that is slowly taking over the American culture. There are certain things that are sin, no matter what a person chooses to believe. Situational morality is a very slippery slope that leads to ruin.
    Agreed.......
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

just to throw it out there for discussion (im pro choice) but as my High School bio teacher put it, "every time a man... relieves himself.... hes killing MILLIONS of babies, right down the drain" .... you have to draw the line somewhere.

and i feel young children, regardless of the context of the sit-in, or rally should not be around simply due to the chance of violence...
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan8i
    just to throw it out there for discussion (im pro choice) but as my High School bio teacher put it, "every time a man... relieves himself.... hes killing MILLIONS of babies, right down the drain" .... you have to draw the line somewhere.

This is not true. It takes both sperm and an egg to make a baby...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

and it takes a full what 6-7 months in a womb to make a viable "stand alone" child....
    and another ~10 years to create a child that can take care of itself....

like i said you have to draw a line somewhere.

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    SB-600

Did you know that the babies heart beat is now able to be detected at 3 days of conception?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

my point was as an adult you have a choice to rasie a child, to have a child or to create a child ( combine a sperm and an egg- potentially millions of times) so as a pro life if you don't do all these things you are inhibiting life and thus are contridicting your philosophy.

im not going to say any more so it doesn't get in to a pissing contest

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    SB-600

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan8i
    my point was as an adult you have a choice to rasie a child, to have a child or to create a child ( combine a sperm and an egg- potentially millions of times) so as a pro life if you don't do all these things you are inhibiting life and thus are contridicting your philosophy.

im not going to say any more so it doesn't get in to a pissing contest
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

I don't mind the thread being hijacked, honestly. I just really appreciate everyone keeping things civil. Thank you for that. Please continue the trend if this discussion continues. Or else.
    -Seb

My website

Quote Originally Posted by Ptax
    Who said "anything goes"!!! Robbery, Rape, and Murder are wrong all over the world. Just try to be a Christian citizen of Saudi Arabia, it's not going to happen because of the state religion. It's the little things like abortion which should be a personal choice and private and the same with birth control, both of which are currently legal, and having the protesters in your face about it is wrong! The protesters should go to some middle easter country and see what happens to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for abortion, but I'll vote against any law to restrict abortion, and any other thing that will take away your rights!
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

What about the rights of the ''unborn'' child? Does he/she have rights?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    What about the rights of the ''unborn'' child? Does he/she have rights?
    goes back to my point of WHEN is it considered a child?

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    SB-600

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information