ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Picture Calls - 3

Remember I mentioned fotolibra before?
    http://www.fotolibra.com/
    I thought that this might be of interest to people here, and may actually get you published!

No, I haven't had any of my pictures published
    So I can't speak from experience about the payment/selection process.

I've got no interest in this, other than knowing that the US bias of these photo requirements might well be satisfied by members here.
    Of course if you register at fotolibra you'll get these picture calls direct...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A book publisher needs c. 230 striking and interesting photographs of as many places of worship in the United States of America as possible for a forthcoming title. They want churches, temples, mosques, synagogues and more, interiors and exteriors, encompassing all religions and all faiths from every state in the Union.

Upload data:
    1. DEADLINE: Thursday October 19th 2006; 12 noon GMT
    2. FILESIZE: 300dpi, colour, pixel dimensions >3510 x 2480 (to print at A4+)
    3. CODE KEYWORD: WORCOM (input this among all your other apposite keywords and NEVER use the Code Keyword as your only keyword. Describe the image in full as normal)
    4. CATEGORISE UNDER: Architecture> Religious

Here’s another rather unusual request, but one that may be of interest to our aviation aficionados.

Our picture library partner in Russia is looking for images taken at the NBAA – the National Business Aviation Association exhibition – for one of their clients. This is an annual event in the USA, and pictures are needed from previous shows as well as the one taking place in Orlando, Florida between the 17th and 19th October this year.

Upload data:
    1. DEADLINE: Monday October 23rd 2006; 12 noon GMT
    2. FILESIZE: 300dpi, colour, >6MB
    3. CODE KEYWORD: VONBAA (input this among all your other apposite keywords and NEVER use the Code Keyword as your only keyword. Describe the image in full as normal)
    4. CATEGORISE UNDER: Transport> Aviation

Wanted: a photograph of the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor.

It needs to be taken from quite a way away, with a large expanse of sea in the foreground, so the statue and Liberty Island sit at the top of the vertical image.

It’s needed for a book jacket by a paperback publisher.

Upload data:
    1. DEADLINE: Monday October 16th 2006; 12:00 GMT
    2. FILESIZE: 300dpi, portrait format (vertical) only, pixel dimensions 1748 x 2480 (to print at up to A5)
    3. CODE KEYWORD: SNONYC (input this among all your other apposite keywords, and NEVER use the Code Keyword as your only keyword. Describe the image in full as normal)
    4. CATEGORISE UNDER: Architecture> Cities

As this is a live Picture Call it's best not to mark your images as Royalty Free, because if your picture sells, you are likely to earn less money.
    Last edited by SmartWombat; 10-06-2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added 3rd
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information