ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photogroup outing

Our local club meeting decided to walk around downtown and shoot ... was a nice night and we had some fun...

here are some of my fav's out of my camera ...

#1 - Stools in Frank's Diner (frank's diner will be featured on food networks I believe this monday on diners, drive ins, and dives)

#2 - Door - wish I was more head on here ... still like the pic ... reminds me of the cingular ads (Raise the Bar)

#3 - Paver bricks - really like this shot ... wish I had centered 1 brick though ...

#4 - Some tower down by the lake front ... had to crop tight due to people and junk on the sides ... might have to go back early for a retake

#5 - Light - has a strange lean to it ... the pole is straight but the light looks wierd... have to play with it some more

#6 - Another light pole ... this shot is one of my favorites of the night ...

# 7 & 8 - now we have the harbor - I took 2 shots here ... one with no filter which is the top shot and 1 with my grad. ND filter ... which is the bottom shot

Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Photogroup outing

Some interesting shots.
    I'm glad you gave both versions with and without the nd filter.
    The first light shot is quite interesting actually. It looks like the light fixture is coming toward you or something.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information