ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photography Learn-From-Home options? What's good? What's best?

What are some mail-order or online Photo Classes that are good? Or are there any book series that take you through the same thing a class would?

What are the best options for improving your photography without going away to school somewhere?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Just me and my camera

Re: Photography Learn-From-Home options? What's good? What's best?

that's a great question, anyone know?
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

Re: Photography Learn-From-Home options? What's good? What's best?

I did the NYIP stuff. It was one of cheapest I could find. Betterphoto has some amazingly wonderful classes but I couldn't afford them (still can't!). Anyway, with NYIP, it was alright. A little 70's-ish. They have a new digital option now. I did learn a lot when it came to studio work, but a lot of it is stuff that I am sure you already know. I wish it could be a menu type of thing. Then you could pick and choose what you want rather than paying for everything when you only want a few.

Have you checked out morguefile.com? They have some lesson there that I thought were pretty good. A total of 10 and again, most of it probably more basic than what you need. But maybe you'll find something there.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Thread Information