ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Tornado

Tornado

It had to be but no official word a heavy storm came through last night and my house is the only one on the block without a tree impelled in it. I will post pictures when I get power.
    That will teach me to take a vacation.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Re: Tornado

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    It had to be but no official word a heavy storm came through last night and my house is the only one on the block without a tree impelled in it. I will post pictures when I get power.
    That will teach me to take a vacation.
    I don't know Greg! I think you brought it on yourself! A quote from your previous thread:

I took a couple of days off from work. As usual it rained, the car broke down, I got sick one day, everything but a tornado.
    Just kidding! But.......I would take another vacation soon!

Liz

I should have went back to work sooner. Lol. But no one was hurt. I have no Internet but my iPad. Slow service as well. Apple makes it so difficult to get pictures from my camera to the forums I can't post pictures. I will try with my phone when I get at a better spot with 3G service. I think I am going to look for a good Android tablet.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    I should have went back to work sooner. Lol. But no one was hurt. I have no Internet but my iPad. Slow service as well. Apple makes it so difficult to get pictures from my camera to the forums I can't post pictures. I will try with my phone when I get at a better spot with 3G service. I think I am going to look for a good Android tablet.
    I ended up purchasing the new Acer Iconia A200. It has good reviews; some of the reviews say it is the first Tablet with good reviews that include many good features (and PORTS that many tablets do not have anymore). Ports include a regular USB 2.0, microUSB along with a micro SD slot. I can upload my SD photos with a USB card reader ($10 at Best Buy). Also, the Android 4.0 will be a free upgrade as soon as it arrives this month.

If interested, this YouTube Video Review is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdIjah7kEE

You may want more or different specs and/or features, but take a look if you are interested.

Acer 16GB Iconia Tab A Series 10.1" XE.H8QPN.001 B&H Photo

Liz

Liz I need something I can get a Verizon service with.

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

That's the one bad thing about living in the mid west or south eastern states

Did you get pix of the tornado?!?!? Com'on Greg!

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    That's the one bad thing about living in the mid west or south eastern states

Did you get pix of the tornado?!?!? Com'on Greg!

G
    Sorry GB it was dark and gone in seconds and I mean a starry sky gone. I do have damage pictures I'll try and upload.

Sony a99/a7R

This is one house up the hill from me. Shot from my front yard.

Sony a99/a7R

Next door to me. My roof in the back ground.

Sony a99/a7R

Glad you are fine Greg!

Wow Greg, dodged a bullet there...

My iPad photo workflow:

1) Camera Connection Kit
    2) Edit (whatever app floats my boat that given moment, mostly Photoforge and Snapseed)
    3) Upload to Flickr (Flickstackr)
    4) Copy the sharing code and paste it into the forum unedited

Pretty much identical to my desktop workflow.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Glad you are safe!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks, Armando, Seb, Frog. I have the connect kit but shoot RAW most of the time and forget to switch back to Jpeg.

Sony a99/a7R

Greg,

I only shoot RAW. The iPad natively support all the same formats as OS X, so I think the only one you use that's not included yet is the NEX-7.
    -Seb

My website

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Greg,

I only shoot RAW. The iPad natively support all the same formats as OS X, so I think the only one you use that's not included yet is the NEX-7.
    Thanks Seb. I did not know that. I was trying to convert the RAW files in LR and put them back on the card to transfer to the Ipad. If I haven't formatted the card I will try again.
    The OS of the Ipad is so smooth I really hate to go to Android. Maybe ICS will be a big improvement. But it will have to be to compete with the Apple OS, which is what keeps me using the Ipad.
    I don't understand why Apple doesn't make files easier to transfer.

Sony a99/a7R

Greg,

What do you mean by "transfer"? I don't find it any more difficult than on the desktop, but it comes down to what exactly you're running into.
    -Seb

My website

Seb transfering Jpegs. From PC to the Ipad. Also uploading them directly to the gallery here. I get the upload icon but I can't upload it. Perhaps I am just missing something. I know I can make a folder on my PC and then have the IPad sync to that folder.
    I need to transfer a file to a flash drive to be loaded onto another computer sometimes. For an example I have a PDF file in need to put on a clients PC it isn't as easy as just putting it on a flash drive and then transfer to their computer. Or the other way around.

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information