• 04-17-2008, 06:12 AM
    readingr
    Photographer's rights in the UK
    Looks like a similar debate is happening in the UK around photographers rights.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7351252.stm

Roger R.
  • 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
    SmartWombat
    Re: Photographer's rights in the UK
    Yet it's the media hype around the issue that makes the "special" constables feel that they have to do something about photographers* to keep themselves special.
    I heard that because the rules for specials are different to those of full constabulary they are used to do things that the police can't do - and then they apologise for it later.

I'm interested in the idea of a card of rights to wave at a policeman who's intent on stopping you taking photos, is that the same principle as bullfighters using red capes?
    I'm not convinced it will work, at least not in the manner intended ...

* Especially those with the Canon 100-400 L IS 'purve' lens.
  • 04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
    readingr
    Re: Photographer's rights in the UK
    Paul,

Thanks for cheering me up, I needed it after this mornings meeting. I burst out into laughter as soon as I read 100-400 as I knew what was coming next.

I already carry an A4 sheet of UK photographers rights in the bag, just in case. Not sure how useful it would be against "jobs worths".

I noticed in another mail that you've been ill, hope you've recovered enough for a get together in the near future, around Oxford/Didcot. If you have any ideas pass them on and I'll arrange the itinerary.

Roger