ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

first assignment CD cover shoot!!!

hi all, ive been asked by a band to do some photos for there first cd single ( itunes download) cover, so far all they have said they would like are some mood b+w photos like at a old railway bridge or dis-used warehouse or somthing along those lines.

i have a cannon txi 18-55 ( kit lens ) 50m 1.8 lens and coming in the next few days the 55-250mm f4-56 is lens, any tips for this kind of shoot or any good location ideas

any help would be great

www.thesiege.co.uk thats the band im going to be taking photos for ( ive done some live pics for them before )

thanks in advance

andy!!!

Re: first assignment CD cover shoot!!!

I would think an abandoned factory with maybe a worn out old couch, beer bottles ect. I like your idea.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

The 50mm is probably going to give you the best results, but the kit lens might be useful in a tighter situation or to include more of the scene. How about railroad tracks next to an abandoned warehouse?
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

I just did something very similar to this recently and I used the front of an old pool room. Any location that gives it a kind of down and out look would work. If your working in low light and not using auxiliary light I would think that the 50mm will be your choice.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information