ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Photographer and Model

As I meantioned in an earlier thread Joy took a photo class at the local community college and produced some very nice images as a result. This pair of photos combine her and me as the photographer. These images are from 1977 Joy the photographer was taking pictures of our 3 year old daughter (better know today as Jack's Mom). I couldn't find the actual picture that she was taking at the time I took her picture, but the one of Steph is from the same session. Both image produced on Tri X and printed on Medalist paper and scanned for 5x7 prints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photographer and Model-joy-steph-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Photographer and Model

This picture is what I do now. God has given me a late in life gift from God, a daughter. Who is 21 months old and has stolen an old mans heart. I have spent many days doing just as your picture. Chasing her through playgrounds and malls with a camera. I have tons of great pictures of her. I bet your one great Dad.

Over the last 14 months I have done much the same thing with little girls son. Jack has taken up a lot of space on the CF cards the lately. I have four children all grown now but they were my main photgraphic interest for many years, between Joy and I we have thousands of images of the kids. Thanks for the comment Greg.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Very soon OT you will have a lot more subjects to take up space on your memory cards. Two more grandchildren by Christmas will keep you very busy. I need to jump into the digital world so that I can get the joy of instant photo gratification as well. Oh, and by the way this is your younger son, in case you wondered how I know so much about your expected grandchildren.

Welcome to PR. I'm gald you figured out that you could actually post an answer to a thread. Now the next step is to show off some of your our images. Your going to have plenty to post in a few short months.

Nikon Samurai #13

Hey Dave! Now, if Sis could just figure out how to post too, we might take over PR! lol...

I guess at the next get-to-gather we will have to have PR posting lessons.

Nikon Samurai #13

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Now Larry, you're giving Photo-John a run for having the most family members signed on at PR.com Your family get-togethers are going to start counting as photo-gatherings!

Nice to have Larry's family on board you guys. We love 'em. He's our ambassador of good will and helps keep everyone in line too
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Hey, Dave and Joy, welcome. Glad you could join the old grou............., er, I mean your Dad on here at PR. Had the chance to meet him not long ago so I know first hand the pride he shows when he talks about you all and little Jack. No telling how bad he will become with two more on the way.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Now Larry, you're giving Photo-John a run for having the most family members signed on at PR.com Your family get-togethers are going to start counting as photo-gatherings!

Nice to have Larry's family on board you guys. We love 'em. He's our ambassador of good will and helps keep everyone in line too

Thanks Rick I have three of the four taking pictures pretty regularly. They all check PR on a regular basis but I'm have a little trouble getting them to become regular contributors. They are all taking some great photographs I hope they will start to share more often.

As to keeping people in line I think I may be one of the biggest offenders at stepping over the line. Thanks for the nice words though Rick. You run a great ship here on the viewfinder even if PJ does still think he's the captain we all know who keeps Viewfinder sailing smooth. Nice going.

Nikon Samurai #13

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    even if PJ does still think he's the captain we all know who keeps Viewfinder sailing smooth.
    Yeah, Another View does a really great job, doesn't he? LOL Steve does all the work here, I just try to stay out of trouble Thank Lar.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

I thought I made this post yesterday but it's not showing up now. At any rate I sure didn't mean to short change Steve we all know what a great job he does. But you have contributed to and started so many popular threads I think you deserve your due as well. You were one of those people that I always looked forward to your post when I was a lurker for about a year before I got up the nerve to start posting a few images. Don't be afraid to take a bow when you get a curtain call Rick.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information