ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Another busy weekend of street shooting...

NIce weather and not as tired as I usually am after a week of work, I ventured out lugging my D100 and Contax G2.
    #1 - this poor soul was on the same bench used by the person in my 'White' series. Shot this in color to contrast his pale, dirty body and clothes with the colorful world around him. Kept the DOF to show detail from a local pro lab. D100 35-70/2.8
    #2 - Tibetan monk mixed with the rush hour mix of business folk, hip-hoppers, construction workers, et al. Nice afternoon light brought out the colors. Contax G2 90/2.8 Provia 100F
    #3 - Looks like the little boat is seriously thinking about heading upstream. Actually, fishermen are nearing the falls. Fast shutter speed to freeze the action of the water. D100 80-200/2.8
    #4 - Salem's Lot is my all-time favorite Stephen King novel, and this billboard stares at me from outside my apartment window. Hand-held, shot through glass, I like the blur from my shaky hands. Contax 45/2 Provia. Thanks for looking. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another busy weekend of street shooting...-pr1.jpg   Another busy weekend of street shooting...-pr2.jpg   Another busy weekend of street shooting...-pr3.jpg   Another busy weekend of street shooting...-pr4.jpg  

No shoes

I agree with all the decisions you made in shot #1 (dof, color, etc). It's great, and so sad to see the dirty shoe-less feet. #2 is very nice also. And the face(s) in #4 are spooky!

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    NIce weather and not as tired as I usually am after a week of work, I ventured out lugging my D100 and Contax G2.
    #1 - this poor soul was on the same bench used by the person in my 'White' series. Shot this in color to contrast his pale, dirty body and clothes with the colorful world around him. Kept the DOF to show detail from a local pro lab. D100 35-70/2.8
    #2 - Tibetan monk mixed with the rush hour mix of business folk, hip-hoppers, construction workers, et al. Nice afternoon light brought out the colors. Contax G2 90/2.8 Provia 100F
    #3 - Looks like the little boat is seriously thinking about heading upstream. Actually, fishermen are nearing the falls. Fast shutter speed to freeze the action of the water. D100 80-200/2.8
    #4 - Salem's Lot is my all-time favorite Stephen King novel, and this billboard stares at me from outside my apartment window. Hand-held, shot through glass, I like the blur from my shaky hands. Contax 45/2 Provia. Thanks for looking. :-)

Thread Information