ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Best Photo Display.

I just realized that with all this new equipment I will be printing some cool photos I want to display. What I was looking for was some type of laundry line/developing style to hang my photos against the wall in my office. So I figured I would ask for some idea from all of you. HOW DO YOU DISPLAY YOUR PHOTOS? Unique please not the normal… IN A FRAME.

Thanks

Re: Best Photo Display.

Free Bump to the top.

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Using Internet Explorer and Macromedia Flash?

Oh...you mean not on the Internet. I have never actually printed off any of my photos for myself, and I haven't had a reason to do that yet. Hopefully I can convince a certain someone to step in front of my camera, but that doesn't look promising at the moment.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

This isn't as unconventional as you seem to want but it worked well for me. I usually think that fancy displays distract from the photos more than enhance them.

My office/cubicle walls were cloth covered so they wouldn't show holes. I mounted and matted my photos using just hinges of tape and held them to the wall with clear pushpins using 2 for the photo to rest on and one in the center on top. The double head of the pushpins made a sort of track that the photo could slide into, making it easy to change photos on the wall. I used white and offwhite mats because all I wanted was to seperate the photo from its surroundings. Because the photos weren't permanently stuck to the mountingboard and mat, it was a simple thing to have a variable and inexpensive display by reusing the materials.
    ----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    My office/cubicle walls were cloth covered so they wouldn't show holes. I mounted and matted my photos using just hinges of tape and held them to the wall with clear pushpins using 2 for the photo to rest on and one in the center on top. The double head of the pushpins made a sort of track that the photo could slide into, making it easy to change photos on the wall.

This is a great, simple and cheap way to display. Nice idea Chunk. I think I will try this one. Thank for the idea.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Push Pins!

Sorry about the lousy web-cam shot. But, change my images so much that I don't bother with a formal presentation unless it's going somewhere besides my personal collection.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Photo Display.-pushpin.jpg  
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Your welcome OT. Your shots will look much better than Mine did. If you need them, I think that pushpins with a longer,stronger pin are available.

People enjoyed seeing the changing display and would stop by to talk about them when going past my little pen.
    ----------------------------

Thread Information