• 05-26-2005, 05:46 AM
    mattp
    Photo/Book tie-ins - anyone?
    I did a quick search to see if this had been done before but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it has.

It was inspired by the photo I've posted below which I'm hoping might prompt a few more. I'm not sure how I feel about it, other than the fact I find it faintly disturbing. One thing that it does do though is really remind me of a book called The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks.

This isn't just because of the rather literal inclusion of the wasp, but the whole tone of being trapped, or something poisonous trying to escape, or the hidden things you find in dark corners seems to suit the mood of this very dark story.

So, I was wondering, does anyone else have any shots of their own which they feel have some sort of literary tie-in, either to a title, a specific scene, or just a general mood? You never know, as well as some interesting photos it could suggest some interesting reading!

regards

matt

http://mattgcp.smugmug.com/photos/20111251-M.jpg

(oh, and in case anyone wondered, I certainly didn't put the wasp in the jar, the lid was open and it had wandered in under its own steam!)