• 02-23-2004, 09:25 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Pentax *ist D Birthday Photos
    This is Ray. I took the Pentax *ist D digital SLR loaner to his birthday party on Saturday night. I wanted to get pictures and I thought this would be a great test of the camera since it would be dark and have a lot of mixed light.

All photos are high-res JPEGs taken at ISO 400 with the on camera flash, in manual exposure mode.
  • 02-23-2004, 09:26 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Washing
    The party was at a Morrocan restauraunt where everyone eats with their hands. This is the group washing their hands before food was served.
  • 02-23-2004, 09:29 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    The Belly Dancers!
    Did you think ahead? Did you guess the end of this story?

At a good Morrocan restaurant they'll have belly dancers. And belly dancers go out of their way to embarrass the men in the restaurant. This is Ray getting down with the dancer.
  • 02-23-2004, 09:32 AM
    Photo-John
    3 Attachment(s)
    More Dancing
    Here are a few more dancing photos. The second one is my brother. I delivered a print to his wife yesterday :-)
  • 02-23-2004, 09:55 AM
    Charles Hess
    Looks like the Pentax performed really well...and so did your brother! :-) I see very little noise, if any, in these low-light shots. Impressive.
  • 02-23-2004, 12:40 PM
    shutterman
    you can also get a feel for the evening with the great mix of flash and ambient lighting. not just your typical party pictures!
  • 02-23-2004, 01:08 PM
    Photo-John
    That's what I like! Love the slow speed flash with mixed light :)
  • 02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
    bingo pajama
    PJ, how do you get this effect? with a slow shutter speed and...? just curious...