The Pentagon Memorial.

Printable View

• 09-14-2008, 10:17 AM
    MB1
    5 Attachment(s)
    The Pentagon Memorial.
    Well done but....

I'll be going back at night for some better pix.
  • 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM
    shootme
    Re: The Pentagon Memorial.
    Wow, creative, thanks for sharing.
  • 09-14-2008, 01:45 PM
    Dave Smith
    Thanks for posting this memorial.
  • 09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
    megan
    Thanks for posting this.
    Too bad we (NYC) still have a highly contested construction site across the street from me... though I think the lights that are put up every year are much more poignant than anything that will be built (here in NYC.)
  • 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by megan
    though I think the lights that are put up every year are much more poignant than anything that will be built (here in NYC.)

I think you're right. I had (still do) a hard time comprehending the size of the loss until I was in NYC in 6/02 right after the clean up phase (believe that's what they were calling it, recovery was done and they were removing the final bits of debris) and saw the hole left by one of the towers. People deal with tragedy differently, but I don't think there's anything anyone could build that would make sense to me. And I don't even live there.

MB1, thanks for posting - I had heard about this new memorial but had not yet seen pictures of it. I'll look forward to your night shots. This, like Oklahoma City (I have not seen it in person) seem like they convey a sense of it very well.