ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Outer Banks - escaping from Frances

Hi everyone! since I'm from south florida I took off to get away from what we thought would be cat 5 hurricane. I discovered the most wonderful spot. The outer banks of NC. It's all beachy and wonderful. I took a million pics and will be posting some of them. Here's a typical look of the houses.. of course I took some liberties with it in PS. I try to make houses look interesting because they really aren't on their own. Let me know if you want to see the original. That place rules. Now I have to get caught up on all the threads I missed out on while I was gone, so you may see your post rising to the top.
    Kit
    btw - no damage at all to my house when I returned. The town is a mess with no traffic lights. My electricity came on the day I got home, so i was one of the lucky ones.
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar
    Sheshells, Glad to hear that you are ok, I hadn't seen any posts from you and didn't realize that you were from Florida ! Looks like you kept occupied while you were gone though!

About your image, I find it interesting, I like that it looks like a computer rendered drawing. ( I like taking photos and doing funky stuff to them too) I'm assuming you did a gradient fill of hue/saturation on the sky, did you " lasso" the sky? If not, how did you get it so perfect along the borders, especially the tree area on the right horizon line.....

Glad to see you back & unscathed !
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

What Part Of NC?

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Hi everyone! since I'm from south florida I took off to get away from what we thought would be cat 5 hurricane. I discovered the most wonderful spot. The outer banks of NC. It's all beachy and wonderful. I took a million pics and will be posting some of them. Here's a typical look of the houses.. of course I took some liberties with it in PS. I try to make houses look interesting because they really aren't on their own. Let me know if you want to see the original. That place rules. Now I have to get caught up on all the threads I missed out on while I was gone, so you may see your post rising to the top.
    Kit
    btw - no damage at all to my house when I returned. The town is a mess with no traffic lights. My electricity came on the day I got home, so i was one of the lucky ones.

That house reminds me of one I've seen on Atlantic Beach.

I live in Carteret County, in NC.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Hi Clicker...

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker
    Sheshells, Glad to hear that you are ok, I hadn't seen any posts from you and didn't realize that you were from Florida ! Looks like you kept occupied while you were gone though!

About your image, I find it interesting, I like that it looks like a computer rendered drawing. ( I like taking photos and doing funky stuff to them too) I'm assuming you did a gradient fill of hue/saturation on the sky, did you " lasso" the sky? If not, how did you get it so perfect along the borders, especially the tree area on the right horizon line.....

Glad to see you back & unscathed !
    Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I had a great trip but had to be worried the whole time about my home and friends etc. No, I didn't use "Lasso", it's just too annoying. What I did was go to select and choose "color range". Then click on the sky with the dropper. Hold the shift key down and keep clicking (you should be good at that clicker..heh) till you think you picked all the different colors that make up the sky. I use to use paths and that is also a good clean way of doing it, but this is better. I'm going to post some more in photo critique when I get the chance. Thanks for commenting.
    Kit

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    That house reminds me of one I've seen on Atlantic Beach.

I live in Carteret County, in NC.
    Hey Speed, I have no idea where Carteret County is but here's a ittle map i got off Google. Just go as far east as you can till you hit the ocean. That's it! It's an island off NC that runs down the whole coast. Lighthouses etc.
    Kit
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Ahhh, Kit, let's hope Jeanne or Karl don't make a visit to those cute barrier islands...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Ahhh, Kit, let's hope Jeanne or Karl don't make a visit to those cute barrier islands...
    Yeah, I agree, now that it's my favorite place. Geez sick of hurricanes.
    Kit

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

thanks for the edu!

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I had a great trip but had to be worried the whole time about my home and friends etc. No, I didn't use "Lasso", it's just too annoying. What I did was go to select and choose "color range". Then click on the sky with the dropper. Hold the shift key down and keep clicking (you should be good at that clicker..heh) till you think you picked all the different colors that make up the sky. I use to use paths and that is also a good clean way of doing it, but this is better. I'm going to post some more in photo critique when I get the chance. Thanks for commenting.
    Kit
    Thanks for educating me on your process, I jotted it down and will try it! Also, you say to keep "clicking" ;) until you pick all the different colors, by this you mean the range that i want it to be correct? ( like yellow to orange on yours? ) Thanks again!
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Clicker...

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker
    Thanks for educating me on your process, I jotted it down and will try it! Also, you say to keep "clicking" ;) until you pick all the different colors, by this you mean the range that i want it to be correct? ( like yellow to orange on yours? ) Thanks again!
    I'll PM you..

Thread Information