ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies

Other hobbies

All these "post your" threads made me think about sharing other hobbies. Especially Ken's post, because almost everyone here is creative in so many ways. Anyway, my others are as follows:

Floral Design
    Pool
    Music (violin, percussion)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-100_1257.jpg   Other hobbies-100_1264.jpg  

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Other hobbies

I combine photography in my other hobbies
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Mountain biking..

Like some others here, I use my other hobby to get myself around the world and create situations for photos!

Family, Biking, Windsurfing, Music

Family not shown. I took the bike shot and it was published in Dirt Rag (user's submission section). That's me on the board and on the kit.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-2bikesinkline120703117_1738small.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    All these "post your" threads made me think about sharing other hobbies. Especially Ken's post, because almost everyone here is creative in so many ways. Anyway, my others are as follows:

Floral Design
    Pool
    Are you trying to tell me that there are things that can be done without a camera??? NEVER...

Ok I give...In no particular...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-gonatista-grisea-212.jpg   Other hobbies-all3balls.jpg   Other hobbies-03-08-05-006.jpg   Other hobbies-03-08-05.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

I have a couple other hobbies, the photo below illustrate my collection of obsolete computers. They are a Wang Dumb Terminal (Circa 1977), a Tandy TRS-80 Model 100 (Circa 1983), a Tandy Colour Compuer 3 (Circa 1986), and a Apple //c (Circa 1984). I have a much larger collection which includes Consols, and Calculators as well.

I've also picked up a new hobby, infultration, going into abandoned placed, exploring ubran structures ect, just for the fun of it. I just got back from doing one. I also write short fiction
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Cool shot, Lidarman - coming up with something different for a dog shot can be difficult. Here's mine:
    1. My Malamute and Samoyed taking me for a walk.
    2. Sea kayaking in the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. Got to make my permit reservation for next month today. Woo hoo!
    3. A friend took this slow-sync flash shot of me at a gig last fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-dscn1212.jpg   Other hobbies-dscn1838.jpg  

Pentax Forum Moderator

Besides my creative side and my family as mentioned in my other post, I am also an Amateur Radio Operator (call sign KC9EXE). I also enjoy tinkering with computers and various electronic things and like Axle, used to have a store room full of "ancient" computers which recently had to be gotten rid of. :-(
    I am also a life member in 2 Veterans Orginizations and when I have the time...try to be active in them, but that has been very limited since the grandkids started coming along.
    Ken

Never Almo, I just said other hobbies, a camera must always be within reach though. Spiders kinda fall into a "hobby" category for me too. The hobby is staying far from them.

Those computers make me feel so old, lol. Well, we have 2 percussionists, a bassist and guitarist. So, next meet we can have a jam session. What ya think guys?

Oh, did I leave out my bass? Ooops!

Shame on me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-bass.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Here's some from the infultration adventure. Unfortunatly with the batteries almost dying on the camera a lot of the images got corrupted, I only got four out of fifteen images...stupid camera. Also the front lens element got cracked.

Oh well, here they are. And yes there was a sign on the proporty that read "Private Property, No Tresspassing"
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

I like to play video games and build computer cases. This is formerly a compaq server I spend the entire summer on last year converting to a PC and giving an automotive quality paint job:

I've done quite a few other pc mods and I also have my macintrash sitting here beside me. It's an old G4 I converted for use as a trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctirus
    I like to play video games and build computer cases. This is formerly a compaq server I spend the entire summer on last year converting to a PC and giving an automotive quality paint job:

I've done quite a few other pc mods and I also have my macintrash sitting here beside me. It's an old G4 I converted for use as a trashcan.
    Wow! Nice peice!

I'm just the oppisit. I like to take old junkers and max them out and then give them to people that can't afford their own computers.
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by payn817

Floral Design
    Pool
    I guess I'm not very creative. My other hobbies include motorcycling, running, biking, road races, triathlons, target shooting, scuba diving and astronomy. Too many hobbies, not enough time (or money). ;-)

Here are a few shots of a few of my hobbies.

First shot is of my buddy Brian and our Celestron C-8's. Took this one last year during the Venus Transit of the Sun.

Second shot is of me and my kids (and one of their friends) after the Beaufort Road Race.

Third shot of of me during a triathlon in North Dakota. The water temp was 56 degrees!

Final shot is my Winchester Model 70 Heavy Barrel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-brian-pr.jpg   Other hobbies-beaufort-road-race-03-pr.jpg   Other hobbies-triathlon-02-pr.jpg   Other hobbies-heavy-barrel-02-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    The water temp was 56 degrees!
    What, is that cold? ;)

Well, at least you stay busy. Not enough people stay busy as the group here seems to. I have started hiking and taking nature walks since getting into photography, and my health has greatly improved. We sure have a vast amount of diverse interests here.

BTW, i need some manly hobby like the rest of you. Floral design, lmao! I hesitate on telling people that, but it helps pay the bills!

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Cool shot, Lidarman - coming up with something different for a dog shot can be difficult. Here's mine:

1. My Malamute and Samoyed taking me for a walk.
    Sweet...
    Reminds me of the sticker, "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes."

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    [/list]Sweet...
    Reminds me of the sticker, "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes."
    Thanks, and it's true! ;) I took that with my Coolpix and a fisheye, less than a foot from their back legs.

Hmm hobbies, I've got tons...

-Dance (Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Lyrical, Ethnic, Hip Hop)
    -Rowing
    -Scrapbooking (Embossing)
    -Drama
    - Reading/Writing
    -Photography (given)
    -Swimming
    -Languages

I'm not too sure how many guys here actually take ballet...
    Photos are memories that last a lifetime.

Wink What, is that cold? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    What, is that cold? ;)

Not if you're a member of the Polar Bear Club.

Positively frigid if you're a southern boy from North Carolina!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

shameless display

of bodyige(yesit's a word in my vocabulary)---just cuz rick isn't around these days to put shameless advertisements about his physique doesn't mean you get to hop on the wagon and fill his place....

I was wondering though....

...could you post some more
    ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: shameless display

just cuz rick isn't around these days to put shameless advertisements about his physique doesn't mean you get to hop on the wagon and fill his place....
    Nat just when you thought it was safe, LOL

No, I'll spare you the shameless body self-promotion and just give you all a few hobbies...

Hiking
    Carpentry and Woodworking
    Dancing
    Music (both playing and listening - Big Bad VooDoo Daddy pictured)

Nice thread!

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-great-sands.jpg   Other hobbies-bench.jpg   Other hobbies-girls-dancing.jpg   Other hobbies-bbvd3.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

It is a neat thread. I figured it would die and everyone would just be like "what a dork".

OK, I can't decide what exactly my "hobbies" are, but I guess here are a few.

theatre
    travel ]¬
    amateur meteorology w/focus on storms ]----(oh look, I have a photo combining the two!)
    art
    music (actually I sing, don't play piano much anymore)

I don't have any pictures of my most favorite hobby though: sitting on my computer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-plane-storm.jpg   Other hobbies-185_8511.jpg   Other hobbies-pianoatsunset.jpg   Other hobbies-reno.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Talking I was wondering though.......could you post some more?

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    of bodyige(yesit's a word in my vocabulary)---just cuz rick isn't around these days to put shameless advertisements about his physique doesn't mean you get to hop on the wagon and fill his place....

I was wondering though....

...could you post some more
    ;)

For you Nat, absolutely!

:-D

Another from the Beaufort Road Race. My kids are wearing the green shirts.

And a couple more from the Triathlon Days in North Dakota.

The first one is of me and a couple of my friends waiting for the race to start. It was chilly.

The second one is of my buddy Chuck and myself post-race. It had warmed up considerably - and so had we!

Last one is another post race shot of all the Air Force boys that came from Minot to participate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Other hobbies-beaufort-road-race-02-pr.jpg   Other hobbies-triathlon-03-pr.jpg   Other hobbies-triathlon-04-pr.jpg  
    Last edited by Speed; 07-12-2005 at 05:20 AM.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information