ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

OT/Speed will appreciate this

I work on Saturday now... stinks but that's life. Our new office area overlooks NY Harbor/New Jersey on the 24th floor or the WFC. As we had an informal staff meeting, I saw a small plane go by the window. We all rushed to the window, and saw it flying really low upriver. All of a sudden it banked left then turned around. We thought it was going to fly into a NJ office building. (We're a little paranoid a block or two away from Ground Zero.) It continued past our building, and we saw it fly a few circles. A few minutes later, it was floating on the river. By this point I had grabbed my camera, and I ran outside and snapped a few pics of it as it was tugged by a tugboat. It turns out it was all planned. It was a Dornier... something something.

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/11_34b.../190440-1.html

I will post the photo as soon as I can, but I've got a crazy week ahead of me, so give me a week or so!
    Megan

Re: OT/Speed will appreciate this

Crap, that would have been scary!! Would have been nice to be told in preparation for a strange plane to be flying so close to buildings!

I guess after what's happened and all, life can get paranoid!

Cant wait to see the pics!

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Yeah, at one point when it circled around, it looked like it was heading straight for our building... and I started to back away from the window to run to the fire exit. My guess is they assumed that no one works on Saturday, and probably just alerted the residents of Battery Park City. Gaaaaaaah! It provided for an interesting workday, and we then got to watch the Coast Guard clear the river and see the plane take off later in the afternoon! I think we had a better view from the 24th floor!

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

At my first coop job, I worked in a building right by Pearson International Airport in Mississauga/outskirts of Toronto. So my mom was paranoid about a plane hitting the building.

I actually wouldn't have minded at all, the place was a horrible place to work at.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Thread Information