ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An "Open Me First" Chirstmas

My youngest had an, "Open Me First" Christmas. Santa brought her a Canon A520. This is her first camera and she is very excited about it. An excellent pro review here on PR helped me with the decision to make this purchase. I hope everyone is using the reviews they are very helpful when making a purchase.

Here is Sarah with her new Canon A520 on Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An "Open Me First" Chirstmas-dsc_2361-3.jpg   An "Open Me First" Chirstmas-dsc_2370-2.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Re: An "Open Me First" Chirstmas

Congratulations Sarah! Way to go OT! Nice Christmas present. I hope Sarah will join PR now - and compete with her Dad.

Nice pictures OT. Lovely daughter.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    My youngest had an, "Open Me First" Christmas. Santa brought her a Canon A520. This is her first camera and she is very excited about it. An excellent pro review here on PR helped me with the decision to make this purchase. I hope everyone is using the reviews they are very helpful when making a purchase.

Here is Sarah with her new Canon A520 on Christmas.

Excuse Me....

Surely Nikon Samuari # 13 did not say he bought his daughter a Canon thingy!!!!

Oh my!

What is this world coming to?

:-(

Just kidding buddy! I'm glad she likes her present, and hopefully, she'll get the photography bug as bad as her dad has it!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Ghost

Nevermind the camera! She's cute! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    Nevermind the camera! She's cute! ;)
    hahahaha.....I was thinkin the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Nice pictures OT. Lovely daughter.

Liz
    Thanks Liz. Sarah is the apple of my eye and I like you hope that she decides to get more envolved in photograph and perhaps will rival all of us with the quality of her images here on PR.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Excuse Me....

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    Surely Nikon Samuari # 13 did not say he bought his daughter a Canon thingy!!!!

Oh my!

What is this world coming to?

:-(

Just kidding buddy! I'm glad she likes her present, and hopefully, she'll get the photography bug as bad as her dad has it!
    Oh I knew I would pay for that decision, but this camera just seemed to fit her needs.

Please forgive this wayward samuari.

Nikon Samurai #13

Now guys this is daddy's little girl. But I have to admit she has turned into a lovely young woman. She will be doing her student teaching this semester and graduation this spring. Hard to believe that the baby is soon off into the world.

Nikon Samurai #13

A friend of mine just got that camera. Made me very jealous. I've always been a Nikon man as well but I've thought about breaking down and getting one of those. I played with it a little and it's a fast and small camera. Exactly what I want. It's just money....right?

Quote Originally Posted by EBAR
    A friend of mine just got that camera. Made me very jealous. I've always been a Nikon man as well but I've thought about breaking down and getting one of those. I played with it a little and it's a fast and small camera. Exactly what I want. It's just money....right?
    It is small and easy to use with a lot of options. If it works out for her I might even think about one myself. I would like something that I can stick in my pocket and have with me when it's not possible to carry a DSLR.

Nikon Samurai #13

Looks like she is going to love it! It will probably fit easily in her purse so she can take it anywhere without compromising on quality. Looks like you have a lovely daughter and made a great choice for a Christmas present!

Wes
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

Well, OT, you have done well by the kids from what I have seen. She is a lovely young woman. Glad to see that she seems to be so enthused about photography. I agree that I hope she will join PR here and give her old Dad a run for his money. With the talent you have, I am sure some of it has rubbed off.

Oh, don't worry about getting her a Canon. I think you made the right choice. ;)

Well I hope that this will be the right tool for her. She uses my Fuji S602Z and does a great job with it. But it was a little big for her to carry and I think that the A520 will be just right. I hope she gets the bug and takes lot of pictures. I'm a little worried though because she is all ready in her teacher mode and has assigned me the task of reading the manuel then telling her everything she needs to know about the camera. Not sure how that is going to work out.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 12-28-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

Oh, don't worry about getting her a Canon. I think you made the right choice

Heh! Great choice (......from a Canonite...... ;)

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Oh, don't worry about getting her a Canon. I think you made the right choice

Heh! Great choice (......from a Canonite...... ;)

Liz

I knew I would get a hard time about getting her the Canon, but maybe I took a step in the right direction to get back in the good graces of my Canon buddies here on PR. All anyone needs to do is check my post on the Camera Family thread to know where my heart is.

Nikon Samurai #13

I'm looking forward to seeing her PR photo. What will she be teaching?
    ----------------------------

OT how cute! Your daughter is darling!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

She looks so cute with her new camera. Good on ya' Larry.

Sarah, we expect to be seeing some photos from your new toy...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'm looking forward to seeing her PR photo. What will she be teaching?
    Sarah has been attending college on a basketball scholarship. She plans to teach PE and hopefully coach basketball in the future. She helped with the local girls HS team this summer while home and seemed to enjoy the experience.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by JETA
    OT how cute! Your daughter is darling!
    Thanks JETA! She is a little older than your cutie, but just as precious to her mother and I. There is something about the baby of the family, you just don't want to let go. The others flew the nest with just barely a wimper from us, but it's going to be a lot tougher with her.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    She looks so cute with her new camera. Good on ya' Larry.

Sarah, we expect to be seeing some photos from your new toy...
    Well she isn't posting yet so I'll post one of her first images with the new camera for her. this is her version of Jack and Bingo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails An "Open Me First" Chirstmas-img_0049.640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Sarah has been attending college on a basketball scholarship. She plans to teach PE and hopefully coach basketball in the future. She helped with the local girls HS team this summer while home and seemed to enjoy the experience.
    There are a couple schools in our county that need new coaches....(sheeesh, I hope the present coaches don't see this )
    We have one new elementry school opening on the 5th of January (construction delayed the opening, two schools worth of kids have been shoved ( stuffed) into one school all year). And, over the next 4 or 5 years well have as many as three new schools built in the county. It's growing too fast here! In the area they will open a new high school next year, and Indy schools are going through major changes as well. Too much growth!

JS

Interesting, I can't get my dog to sit still so I can get a picture! And kids are even tougher...but both together is impossible for me. Nice job there Sarah!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    There are a couple schools in our county that need new coaches....(sheeesh, I hope the present coaches don't see this )
    JS
    It seems like coaches change around here pretty often, but PE teachers hang on forever. That will be her challenge finding a coaching job where there is an opening for a PE instructor also.

Nikon Samurai #13

Jack the gymnast! Nice shot for a newbie...;)
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information