• 07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
    Chunk
    1 Attachment(s)
    It is only the county fair..
    ...but I am happy with outcome of yesterday's judging in the photography competition. I was awarded 5 or 6 first places including this one which also received best of show in the B&W division. I was surprised at that because I wouldn't have chosen it as my strongest entry. Another half dozen or so received second to fourth place awards.

The judge was quite conventional in her comments about what she expected in each category and sometimes seemed conflicted when choosing my stuff over some more conventional shots.

Anyway, I enjoyed hearing her comments and explanations on all the entries and would recommend the experience for anyone as another source of feedback on your work.
  • 07-09-2005, 06:07 AM
    payn817
    Re: It is only the county fair..
    Congrats Chunk, well deserved!
  • 07-09-2005, 07:46 AM
    photo101
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is that in the above pic? well done and congrats on your awards.
  • 07-09-2005, 08:06 AM
    drg
    I liked this one when you first posted it awhile back! Congratulations.

Hard to go wrong with good subject material. As I mentioned (or should of If I didn't) this is a very well framed and other wise composed image.
  • 07-09-2005, 09:09 AM
    Chunk
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photo101
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is that in the above pic? well done and congrats on your awards.

Payn817, DRG, and Photo101 - Thank you all for your compliments. That shot is this hallway in the Milwaukee Art Museum's recent Calatrava addition.
    http://www.mam.org/thebuilding/index.htm
    If you are ever in Milwaukee, be sure to take your camera there.
  • 07-09-2005, 09:20 AM
    Lara
    Congrats Chunk!! Your awards are well deserved. Which others were winners? Are they ones you posted here on PR?
  • 07-09-2005, 01:32 PM
    Chunk
    4 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara
    Congrats Chunk!! Your awards are well deserved. Which others were winners? Are they ones you posted here on PR?

Thanks Lara. I'm sure I posted some of them. I didn't take notes duringf the judging but I think these all got first place awards - there might be one or two more that I'm forgetting.