ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Online print shop results

I got my panoramics in the mail yesterday and for the price (total $31.41) I think they are very nice. The only thing that could be better is the small detail up close that could have been better if I had done a better job of resizing it. However, no one looks up close at such large prints, so I'm not worried at all. For the price, I like these prints:

My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Re: Online print shop results

did you resize it yourself or did the lab do it for you? the lab i send my images to for big prints does a RIP algorithm to upsize the images while retaining the best image quality. Beats upsizing in PS. and even if you are restricted to PS upsizing, there are certain tricks for doing it.

Re: Online print shop results

I did it myself, but I also was starting from a smaller size than I normally would be since I have to crop a bit of the panoramics to make them work. For example, I had to go from around 1600px tall to about 3600px. I try to do panoramics from vertical shots, so that in the raw version they are 3000px tall, or as close to that as I can make it, but these shots I joined were horizontal shots. It's really only the medium detail such as the small trees that could be sharper, but otherwise the large detail and small detail looks good, and when viewed at a normal distance, it all looks good.
    My Facebook Photography Page (Web-substitute) ~ Nikon D7000 | Sigma 10-20mm | Vivitar 28-85mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro ~

Thread Information