ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Old Glory

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Old Glory

Happy 4th of July.

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Happy 4th of July from Leeds Alabama! (hazy day here):thumbsup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-july-4th-leeds2.jpg  

There are some very touching image's in this thread. Nice job everyone.
    Here's my meager submission. I had walked into an Army Surplus store (Hahns) where one of the girls had just made this arrangement of free flags in celebration of the 4th. I figured I had better take the shot before this flag tree got plucked bare.
    -Bruce

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Here are a few from my dad's funeral with the Honor Guard presenting the flag to my mom. The same one, but cropped and edited a little in the second one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-dadsflagpr1.jpg   Old Glory-dadsflagv2pr2.jpg  
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

4th of july '07

Nikon D90
    -Nikkor 18-200VR
    -Sigma 10-20mm

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Took this while on a tour of the harbor in San Diego.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-oldglory.jpg  

Robin

here is mine. They are old but I think they are ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-copy-washinton-dc-344.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are some from today.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by robinlbr
    here is mine. They are old but I think they are ok.
    Robin, Welcome to PR and those are some great additions to this thread. I especially, like the first.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Robin

Thanks, I am happy to have found this forum. I am strictly amateur compared to what i have seen here!!!
    Esophageal Cancer is hard to swallow. Know your risks.

Hope this works....I am having problems sizing.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I saw this truck last year, had to turn around and take a few photos, it is an old pick up converted to a BBQ grill, the owner gives cook outs for returning vets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-dsc00558-copy.jpg   Old Glory-dsc00568-copy.jpg  

Bless his heart !
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

A couple from my visit to Arlington last month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Glory-arlington-flags.jpg  

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

I see a lot of Old Glory ... a lot.

The Canberra Yacht Club has two neighbours. The Embassy of the People's Republic of China and the Embassy of the United States of America ... so hello to all nice extended neighbours.

Back to Old Glory. The CYC has a flag.

She is called 'The Flag of USA.' The Flag is seen by every person who enters our Yacht Club. The providence of the Flag is unique. There can n'ever be another like Her.

She was flown at the headquarters of the Australian Challenger 'Gretel' in Newport Rhode Island during the 1962 America's Cup. The Flag was brought back to Australia by Gretel's co-Skipper Archie Robertson and presented to the Canberra Yacht Club.

I like how 'The Flag of USA' describes the wind at Newport, during those amazing times. I left the reflections in the shot because this is how we most often see Her.

As our Yacht Club is so close to the US Embassy, just 2 minute's walk across the park, it isn't hard to imagine who is a fine supporter of our club and where the US Embassy staff who sail, come and race.

Above, Captain William Doorris Naval Attache' USN, my friend and 505 sailor, presents the 'America's Mug', the CYC's most prestigious trophy, to past World Champion Tasar sailors Rick and Carmal Longbottom, at this year's 'Champion of Champion's Regatta', held at the CYC and sponsored by the Australian American Association.

I hope you enjoyed this different look at how Old Glory is seen ... in our neck of the woods.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-10-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Wild Wassa ...

One Word ........ MARVELOUS

Thanks
    Dave

Nikon D60 :thumbsup:
    Nikor 35 f 1.8 ... Nikor 18-200 f 3.5/5.6 ...Nikor 18-55 f 3.5/5.6 ... Nikor 55-200mm f 4.5/5.6
    Nikon SB-600 Flash

Fujifilm FinePix S9000 - A Digicam ...
    Not a true DSLR but close enough :wink5:
    Promaster 5750DX Flash

Nikon FG :thumbsup:
    Nikon 50mm f 1.8 ,,, Quantaray 28-80mm f 3.5-4.5 ... Quantaray 80-300mm F 5
    Nikon MD-E motor drive
    Nikon SB-15 Flash

Mount Rushmore 2007

Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Wild Wassa,
    I like your shooting style very much.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Dave S, Thankyou. I had been thinking about this thread for a while. I just didn't want to walk up to the US Embassy and start taking shots ... not a wise thing to do without an introduction nowadays.

Maybe I should ring the Embassy and say, "This what I'm taking shots for and this is what I have been doing." I can imagine in the Embassy there could be a few nice images to find. I don't know if you have seen the US Embassy here in Canberra? It is an excellent looking building ... it looks like all of the Founding Fathers could have been born there.

Javier, Thankyou. The image of 'The Flag of USA', is an HDR. 3 exposures, +/- 2 stops EV. The texture and colour are enhanced and the modelling looks great thanks to the HDR being able to hold the brightness range.

All the best.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-10-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

The Stars and Strips over Fort Erie during the 22nd Annual Siege weekend.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information